TX Sting Gray Build

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Even better. Give you somewhere comfy to lay when installing it.
Sponsored

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
Iā€™m sorry if youā€™ve mentioned this already, but how did you mount your rear license plate? And does it have a light?

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m sorry if youā€™ve mentioned this already, but how did you mount your rear license plate? And does it have a light?
No need to apologize, it wasnā€™t mentioned. It is mounted with the bracket that comes with the Warn elite bumper. The bracket mounts to the bumper itself. You use the light from the factory bumper. I did have to extend the wiring though. I can get you a better picture of the bracket tomorrow in the daylight if you would like.

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
Thanks for the reply. It looks great! Trying to find good solutions but unfortunately Iā€™m not getting the warn bumper so it probably wouldnā€™t work for my situation.

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, itā€™s sitting on 4 tires again. Got the Metalcloak 3.5 Gamechanger about 90% done over the weekend. Still have to reroute the e-brake lines, torque everything to spec and make sure the axles are centered/adjust trac bars accordingly. Hopefully Iā€™ll have that done this evening after dinner. If not I took the day off tomorrow so I can finish.

It looks like the Jeep skipped leg day now, lol. That will be remedied tomorrow when the 37s get put on though šŸ˜Ž

1FC2932C-18B6-4A93-9414-BD701299E6F7.jpeg

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
What are the specs on the wheels?
Sorry if I missed it.

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What are the specs on the wheels?
Sorry if I missed it.
Wheels are the Fifteen52 Traverse HD wheels in Block Bronze (17" X 8.5"; 4.75" BS / 0 offset)

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
So now that you've been driving it for a little while, how's it ride, compared to stock, with the MC lift and rock sports? How are those tires on the street compared to stock?

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So now that you've been driving it for a little while, how's it ride, compared to stock, with the MC lift and rock sports? How are those tires on the street compared to stock?
The ride is slightly stiffer than stock, but not harsh. It feels more planted on the road and seems to wander less on the highway than it did stock. Alternatively, I do notice the bigger sidewall and increased height on higher speed corners (highway interchanges, country highway corners, etc.). Overall I am very happy with the ride on the road and would gladly recommend it to anyone looking.

Off-road, it is great, much more articulation than stock (obviously), and it makes the bigger obstacles much easier. I am loving the extra ground clearance for the breakover angle and I enjoy not dragging the belly everywhere. The slightly stiffer feel does make washboard roads a little bit more of a pain, but airing down significantly helps there.

The Trail Grapplers on the street are noticeably louder than the KO2s, but they are by no means obnoxious, and the increased noise was to be expected. My wife made the comment that they are much quieter than she was expecting. The only other thing I notice about them is when I'm coming to a stop and just starting to take off, I can feel the lugs on the road surface. I can only feel it at speeds under 5 mph so it is not a big deal. They also have a stiffer sidewall than the KO2s so I am running a lower pressure to maintain ride quality and keep full tread contact so I don't have uneven wear. I am currently running 28 psi.
Sponsored