Goin2drt's Sting Gray JLUR build

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
So other than the leaks on the PSC kit what was your overall impression of it? How does it drive? Is the steering too light?
It is light.

I do not like the light feel but at least it drives right now and feels safe. No dead spot and wandering is basically gone. If someone doesn’t have bad steering I would never recommend the PSC kit honestly. Having said that if you have tried everything and your steering is bad then go for it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Well I started to accumulate some parts and things while waiting for the Jeep. I ordered the CB and the Antenna and mount. Then today I made my 4 tire inflation/deflation contraption that I saw from this video. Trail Recon has some great youtube videos.
Jeep Wrangler JL Goin2drt's Sting Gray JLUR build IMG_7925

He does have a list of all the items needed and links to Amazon in his video. In the video they say the cost is around $100. I built mine for more like $150 and mostly because of the high end wheel chucks ($48 alone on Amazon). All the other parts I found at a local hardware place for a few bucks cheaper than Amazon.

Parts needed.
1 - 1/8 by 1/4 coupler (needed for pressure gauge
1 - 1/4 brass T
1 - 1/4 ball valve
1 - 1and a half inch 60 PSI pressure gauge
1 - 50' x 3/8" in air hose
14 - hose clamps (8mm to 16mm)
5 - 3/8 barb X 1/4 MPT brass
3 - 1/4" barb T's
1 - 1/4" brass nipple (i needed these as the ball valve only came in female on both ends so this connected the gauge to the valve.
1 - 1/4" air hose coupler (end that connects to the actual compressor) "quick release end.
4 - air chucks. These you can do much cheaper if you wanted to but I like this idea.
Amazon -https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01938M8MW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I like the fact that you made it yourself, as I was going to do. But after pricing it out and spending way too much time just doing that. I found for a few bucks more I could order one from Morrflate with higher quality hose, very nice and easy to use chucks, and with a decent case. I also picked up a new electronic air pressure gauge. I like doing things myself, as I tend to overbuild things, but I couldn’t beat this quality. Good luck with your build.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Not a big "orange marker" type. Usually I try to find clear replacement lenses but on the last few cars I could not so I bought some tinted vinyl and started wrapping them. Just finished the rig. I think I may also do just the rear reflectors, not the lenses.

I have a suggestion for ya, look at American Adventure Labs, they have a FANTASTIC fender chop kit with built in sequential LED turn/marker lights. You get more clearance and a great look. It doesn’t look like a hack job and they have these great clips to mount the fender very securely. Definitely worth at least checking out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Goin2drt's Sting Gray JLUR build 59E18774-D97D-48DC-A476-E6B4CE4BE453

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the fact that you made it yourself, as I was going to do. But after pricing it out and spending way too much time just doing that. I found for a few bucks more I could order one from Morrflate with higher quality hose, very nice and easy to use chucks, and with a decent case. I also picked up a new electronic air pressure gauge. I like doing things myself, as I tend to overbuild things, but I couldn’t beat this quality. Good luck with your build.
Yeah I actually don't even use this any longer. I use the hose system from Innovative JK under seat mount as it is smaller and way more easy to store and less bulky. My set up was so beefy and industrial it was just too much space and heavy and really was stupid overkill for what was needed.
I have a suggestion for ya, look at American Adventure Labs, they have a FANTASTIC fender chop kit with built in sequential LED turn/marker lights. You get more clearance and a great look. It doesn’t look like a hack job and they have these great clips to mount the fender very securely. Definitely worth at least checking out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Goin2drt's Sting Gray JLUR build 59E18774-D97D-48DC-A476-E6B4CE4BE453
I do like their kit. I have stalled because I want to do it all (fender and liners) at once and have not found the combo I want that will look great with the AAL fender chop and lights.

Sponsored

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Took some time off. While gone she went in for paint correction and PPF all over minus roof and tailgate. Added a little sticker and got a ton of parts ordered for the build. Also got a new phone mount. We will see how I like this set up. Should start moving quickly.

How much did it cost for the PPF? I've been looking at this for a couple days for mine when I get it.

OP
OP

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much did it cost for the PPF? I've been looking at this for a couple days for mine when I get it.
$3K for everything minus the back tailgate and roof. PPF is all over the board on cost. Usually you get what you pay for and you are buying the installer but most importantly I would ask if they have done a Wrangler before. If not I would walk.

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
$3K for everything minus the back tailgate and roof. PPF is all over the board on cost. Usually you get what you pay for and you are buying the installer but most importantly I would ask if they have done a Wrangler before. If not I would walk.
Okay cool that's a little less than what I was expecting but I hear you on the price fluctuations. There are a couple shops in my local area of where I'm at in Florida so I would imagine they have done several Jeeps. At least, I hope so!
Sponsored