Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This weekend I finally got the time to install my Warn Elite rear bumper and tire carrier. The install wasn’t bad but there are definitely some bolts that are difficult to reach and you will need a second pair of hands to accomplish it.

Jeep Wrangler JL TX Sting Gray Build 7B9F9F46-A49A-4D91-9297-61A199A65D7D

Tire carrier installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL TX Sting Gray Build 83DD17DE-431D-4735-97A6-688AB24A8927

Finished!
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Finally, after a two month wait due to backorder I got my new wheels. Fifteen52 Traverse HD in Block Bronze. I took the wife on a nice leisurely drive along a Texas country road to break them in.

Looks great! I have Fifteen52 wheels on my Sting-Gray too. Great wheels.

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I have Fifteen52 wheels on my Sting-Gray too. Great wheels.
Thanks, I really like them. I was hesitant to pull the trigger on the bronze at first, but I'm glad I did. I am really excited to see what they will look like with the 37s mounted. All my lift parts should be here later this week so I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning, lol.

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thanks, I really like them. I was hesitant to pull the trigger on the bronze at first, but I'm glad I did. I am really excited to see what they will look like with the 37s mounted. All my lift parts should be here later this week so I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning, lol.
Brian, I'm interested in the MC 2.5 gamechanger myself. Seeing you're an engineer I bet you did a lot of research. What was it about this kit for you? The color will look cool and match the wheels but for me their bushing design on the control arms is what puts MC as a step in front of the rest. I say that with no personal knowledge just believing the hype on the website and using common sense lol.

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Brian, I'm interested in the MC 2.5 gamechanger myself. Seeing you're an engineer I bet you did a lot of research. What was it about this kit for you? The color will look cool and match the wheels but for me their bushing design on the control arms is what puts MC as a step in front of the rest. I say that with no personal knowledge just believing the hype on the website and using common sense lol.
Hey John,
I definitely wanted to keep the mentality of buy once, cry once, so I did do a fair amount of research before I made the decision. I ended up settling on Metalcloak for several reasons. One was the bushing design that you mentioned. As you know, they claim better ride quality due to the rubber damping and no periodic greasing that others require. This was important for me as this is still my daily driver and one less thing to worry about, maintenance wise, was good in my book. Second, it was a complete kit, all arms, links, springs, bump-stops, brackets, shocks and track bars are included. A lot of companies offer this, but the fact that everything was included and that you could still customize that a little (shock options, driveshaft, etc.) was nice. Lastly, several people I know and respect recommended Metalcloak and backed up the claims made by the manufacturer.

All that said, I'm sure there might be a better option out there, but Metalcloak checked all the boxes I was looking for. I will definitely share my thoughts about my real world experience once it is all on and I have driven with it for some time. I have a long trip to Wyoming planned in July so I will get some good hands on experience daily driving up to that point, then long road trip and wheeling experience up there that I can share.

Sponsored

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hey John,
I definitely wanted to keep the mentality of buy once, cry once, so I did do a fair amount of research before I made the decision. I ended up settling on Metalcloak for several reasons. One was the bushing design that you mentioned. As you know, they claim better ride quality due to the rubber damping and no periodic greasing that others require. This was important for me as this is still my daily driver and one less thing to worry about, maintenance wise, was good in my book. Second, it was a complete kit, all arms, links, springs, bump-stops, brackets, shocks and track bars are included. A lot of companies offer this, but the fact that everything was included and that you could still customize that a little (shock options, driveshaft, etc.) was nice. Lastly, several people I know and respect recommended Metalcloak and backed up the claims made by the manufacturer.

All that said, I'm sure there might be a better option out there, but Metalcloak checked all the boxes I was looking for. I will definitely share my thoughts about my real world experience once it is all on and I have driven with it for some time. I have a long trip to Wyoming planned in July so I will get some good hands on experience daily driving up to that point, then long road trip and wheeling experience up there that I can share.
Yeah that's awesome we're thinking alike here. One other thing I like is they offered what I understand is a front LCA that offers some more clearance for higher back space wheels which appeals to me. I'd like to keep the tires inside the fenders as much as possible. I also thought it's interesting they say the front drive shaft is necessary but no other manufacturer makes this claim. It makes sense if if flexes like it looks like it does the stock CV joints on that shaft are going to be tweaked out pretty good. Anyway thanks for the reply I'll be following this thread. I have a Black JLUR on order should be here 2-3 weeks and am pretty excited and starting to make my build plans. These forums help a lot to make decisions on this kind of stuff.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey John,

I'm leaning the same way, but with 35s. I'm hoping it will still look proportionate.

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm leaning the same way, but with 35s. I'm hoping it will still look proportionate.
I'm considering that as well. I have two things putting some limitations to my build fun. I'd like to park in the garage and I need to be able to tow behind my motorhome. I'm already not happy about having to mount a stupid bracket up front but it's the best option to keep the tow bar level. I actually like the look of extra space between tire and fender more than a tire that looks stuffed but it's such a small difference over stock it's almost not worth doing anything. I think too much....

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm considering that as well. I have two things putting some limitations to my build fun. I'd like to park in the garage and I need to be able to tow behind my motorhome. I'm already not happy about having to mount a stupid bracket up front but it's the best option to keep the tow bar level. I actually like the look of extra space between tire and fender more than a tire that looks stuffed but it's such a small difference over stock it's almost not worth doing anything. I think too much....
Not a big fan of the stuffed look either. I have 35s at stock height right now and it's definitely not where I want it. I think it will be ok. Won't know for a while. Targeting this as a Black Friday purchase.

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not a big fan of the stuffed look either. I have 35s at stock height right now and it's definitely not where I want it. I think it will be ok. Won't know for a while. Targeting this as a Black Friday purchase.
Definitely post some pics when you get it done. I don't even have the Jeep yet so it's a next year project for me. One of the things that I think makes it extra tricky is most lifts end up being taller than advertised. I think a 35" with a true 2.5" lift would look good but if it ends up being 3.5" then maybe not as much. It'll be lift installed then pick a tire for me for sure. Lucky I still know a few guys at Discount Tire they won't hate me too bad when I make them mount a couple different ones lol.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Definitely post some pics when you get it done. I don't even have the Jeep yet so it's a next year project for me. One of the things that I think makes it extra tricky is most lifts end up being taller than advertised. I think a 35" with a true 2.5" lift would look good but if it ends up being 3.5" then maybe not as much. It'll be lift installed then pick a tire for me for sure. Lucky I still know a few guys at Discount Tire they won't hate me too bad when I make them mount a couple different ones lol.
By the time you get your Jeep you probably will have talked yourself into 37s so it won't be an issue.

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lift parts have arrived! Metalcloak Game Changer 3.5 Rocksport, Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer, Adams front drive shaft, and Synergy Mfg. tie rod. Just need my Synergy drag link and the 37” trail grapplers to show up and then a free weekend to get it all installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL TX Sting Gray Build B1ADB363-8C11-4CA7-8A53-4CD217A4F0E0

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Heck yeah. I like how you pushed all the furniture out of the way to get a sweet shot in the living room. Boss move. My wife would punch me in the face but might be worth it ;)

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Heck yeah. I like how you pushed all the furniture out of the way to get a sweet shot in the living room. Boss move. My wife would punch me in the face but might be worth it ;)
LOL, I too would be punched in the face if that was my living room. That is just an extra strip of carpet we have laying in the garage left by the previous owner.
Sponsored