Sponsored

Trying to decide between ARB and AEV Diff covers ONLY

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
I have read as much as I can about both. Watched videos, etc. Does anyone have real world experience why I should NOT purchase one or the other? Or why one is superior to the other? I believe they are both quality products but the AEV's are about $50.00 more per, than the ARB's. I will be replacing both myself - they both appear fairly simple to swap. THX in advance.
Sponsored

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
As you said, they are both quality products. I had ARB covers on my JK and the only bad thing I can say about them is that the bolt heads all rusted fairly quickly.

I have the AEVs now on my JL and to be honest, it was like 50% (ok 90%) for looks anyway. I think most aftermarket diff covers are going to be much stronger than the stock covers.

Cyclrder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU Rubicon, S213E63S, 997.2TTMT
I would consider metal cloak if you are interested in real protection… but it has to be painted as it will rust… thebAEV looks the best…

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Personally I like the looks of the ARB better and the powder coating is fantastic. I did discover in one of mine 2/3 of the bolts were the wrong thread pitch. Thankfully I had another one for the other Jeep to pull hardware from. I didn’t notice until I’d drained the diff and was trying to put the new one on.

Also had to use a tap to chase the bolt holes since some holes weren’t near deep enough. I think that’s an axle issue though, could affect any aftermarket cover.

I have no doubt the AEV is quality construction.

OP
OP
Aonar

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would consider metal cloak if you are interested in real protection… but it has to be painted as it will rust… thebAEV looks the best…
I believe I have read that they do not fit on "stock" 2021 JLU. " Note: The MetalCloak Front Dana M210 Differential Cover does not work with the front stock track bar. Note: The MetalCloak JL/JT Differential Cover Plate will ONLY work on the front of 2018 - 2020 JL Wrangler and 2019 - 2020 JT Gladiator applications, Rubicon edition for Dana M210 (3rd Gen D44).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aonar

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like their products-I have the rear bumper and the rock sliders!

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I believe I have read that they do not fit on "stock" 2021 JLU. " Note: The MetalCloak Front Dana M210 Differential Cover does not work with the front stock track bar. Note: The MetalCloak JL/JT Differential Cover Plate will ONLY work on the front of 2018 - 2020 JL Wrangler and 2019 - 2020 JT Gladiator applications, Rubicon edition for Dana M210 (3rd Gen D44).
They don’t say why it won’t work on 2021 JLs?