Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
You're looking at this all wrong, you see the bar is for people sitting in the rear to put their feet on when treds is making a steep descent or potentially face an impact. BRACE, BRACE, BRACE! ?

seatbar_HDR.jpg
@Flip @Ratbert and here I was thinking about retitling that bar as THE FIXER, and putting everyone I don't like in the backseat!

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time friends-joey-tribbiani (1)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Finally got around to installing the rear fender flares. BushWacker brand. Surprisingly enough it actually takes four hands to get them installed. After all I learned from installing the fronts, the rear took about 2 hours total if you factor in the first half of the project and the second half which I did today.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240506_142800427
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240506_142809645
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240506_142828086_HDR

Because I was getting into the wheel wells, had to keep it clean the last few weeks so I've been avoiding any serious mud.

However now that I got the rear fender flares complete, you know I had to take it in the deep puddles!!

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240506_151226633_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time Screenshot_20240506-151716-585

I like how the rear fender flare catches all of the mud that the front tires kick up, way better than the OEM fender flares did! ? :beer:

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Without going into too much details about how I'm going to do it and giving away all of my terribly great idea all at once.

After this off-roading trip memorial weekend, I will be removing my winch, front bumper, and front bumper skid plate (I don't know what that thing's actually called, so we'll just go with that) and then I will be purchasing one of these at some point in the future...

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time Screenshot_20240506-153211-117

Again I'm not going to tell you all the details, but it's actually going to work out a whole lot better than I first thought it was going to. You'll see, fun to come! ;)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Without going into too much details about how I'm going to do it and giving away all of my terribly great idea all at once.

After this off-roading trip memorial weekend, I will be removing my winch, front bumper, and front bumper skid plate (I don't know what that thing's actually called, so we'll just go with that) and then I will be purchasing one of these at some point in the future...

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time Screenshot_20240506-153211-117

Again I'm not going to tell you all the details, but it's actually going to work out a whole lot better than I first thought it was going to. You'll see, fun to come! ;)
Fabricating your own front bumper? O.o.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Fabricating your own front bumper? O.o.
Yep, it's actually going to be pretty simple! $160 to order the metal from McMaster-Carr with shipping, actually not that bad of a price. Probably won't get out to purchasing it until about August or so is my guess.

My dad and I were working through how to do it yesterday, and it actually looks like it's going to come out better than I had initially planned. The vehicle itself will become sort of a support bracket.

I'm probably just confusing people more but, it should come out really really well!

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
It gets wet even with the windows up, so I figure, why fight it? Enjoy it for what it is‼

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240522_191750942

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Pardon my cursing, but TODAY WAS FUN AS FUCK!!!

Turns out I'm really good at off-roading I guess? I don't know maybe I just pick my lines well. Zero issues today. Brought a bunch of recovery gear and literally needed none of it.

Don't know if there are like universal off-road trail ratings, but the place I went to today has 1 through 5 tires as ratings. The most we went up to was 4 tire trails, or second hardest. Honestly as long as you chose your lines, they weren't bad at all. Bumpy, but that's about it.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240525_130452953
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240525_155420198

I got a bunch of videos on my YouTube channel and on my Instagram page, I'll try and put some links here shortly.

I was pretty good about not hitting any rocks in the center of the vehicle, and honestly these tires, even though they're used, climbed up everything with zero issues. I'm not sure how much of it is due to the EcoDiesel being the powerhouse it is or the tires just being quality enough. I banged a few times on the rock rail steps you see there, namely when we exited the park there was this had to be like 50° angle incline it was intense. It had about a 1 ft tall rock on the passenger side and though the front tire was able to get over it, my rear tire kept getting hung up on it. Pretty sure it was meant for ATV guys, but it was labeled that Jeeps could use it and it dumped you out right by the entrance area So I ended up being able to get over just enough on the driver side of the trail that I could bump it and finally got my rear passenger tire over the rock and got to leave feeling like a badass!!

Looks like it was called A-5. Pretty fun day. Honestly short of the fact I have no AC, I want to go next month, ;) so maybe I'll see if I can't convince the wife It's a good idea!

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution

This last video is pretty shit quality as was the one before it, they were both filmed on my dad's iPhone and I have an Android, and we all know those two types of devices don't communicate well together.

So as it turns out I guess I did go down a 5 tire rated trail or technically up it, or technically up it and down it multiple times.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time Screenshot_20240525-193323-644
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time Screenshot_20240525-193306-770

The photo above is the same trail or really big ass hill incline that is in that last video, and the story where I was bumping it on the one foot tall rock, is the trail in the next photo.

Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time Screenshot_20240525-193422-585

Honestly, A-5 was significantly more difficult than D-76a, But maybe it's just cuz we've had so much rain lately here in North Texas that a lot of the trail has been worn away, because, at outer loop that leads to the five tire rated trail in one of those videos that I was walking, it's not supposed to have a rating or if it does it's like a one, but it was most definitely like a four or a five. That's where I bottomed out the rock rails like three or four times.

Pretty fun though, definitely helpful having a passenger in the front seat who knows what to look out for. Not just got to figure out who I can bring it along if my dad can't go.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tredsdert

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240525_195125930_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240525_195100856_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240525_195129593_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL TREDSDERT JLU Willys Sport EcoDiesel – Destroying 70+ Years of Advancement, One Mod at a Time IMG_20240525_195106123

Now that Jeep's been sitting for a little bit, I decided to go outside and check on it make sure I didn't scrape anything up and cause leaks or nothing.

Looks like that last rock on the passenger side that I was having trouble getting the rear passenger wheel over, dented in my rock rail side step.

Oh well, that's what it's for!! :rock:

When I clean off the Jeep on Wednesday, then I'll make sure to repaint the section so that we don't have no corrosion in the future! 😎

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link