Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JL392, 22 Yukon Denali, 18 F250, 17 Dutch Star
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Dev
I think naming Jeeps is dumb, but whatever.
That is one damn fine looking JL!
I like your style.

20220425_093125.jpg
I love named jeeps…. What other vehicles often have names on them?? It’s always interesting and makes me more curious as to the name’s origin.

Name you jeeps - it’s part of the build!
Sponsored

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
Yep, I almost ordered Sarge too, it's the only other color I considered. I almost ordered a two-door Sarge with tan soft top.

A two-door in Sarge is about as good as it gets, and the Willys is nice. Maybe the name could be Sergeant Willy, or Wergeant Silly.
Here's
Jeep Wrangler JL It's The Beginning of A New Adventure!!! 2023 Willys Sport 2-Door Build Journal Jeep1
mine. Tan soft top wasn't available when I ordered or I would have done that too.

Morrepe

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 dr Sarge Green Willys, Soft Top 3.6L MT
OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
Me too. I refer to my 2 dr MT 3.6L soft top Willys as "A Proper Jeep"
That's right! 4-Doors are just Trail Rated minivans. Just kidding everyone. Don't string me up!
Jeep Wrangler JL It's The Beginning of A New Adventure!!! 2023 Willys Sport 2-Door Build Journal {filename}

Sponsored

2drjl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl 2 door
So after a little over 3 months, my Jeep is finally here. I'm at work right now, but I will have to wait to pick her up until after I get off at 4:30 CST. I'm so dang stoked. She looks so good. I haven't thought of a name for it yet, but one is definitely in order. This is my first ever Jeep Wrangler and could not be more excited! This will be my build journal.

Jeep Wrangler JL It's The Beginning of A New Adventure!!! 2023 Willys Sport 2-Door Build Journal Jeep1

A beauty!

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Jerry722

First Name
Shibi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
So after a little over 3 months, my Jeep is finally here. I'm at work right now, but I will have to wait to pick her up until after I get off at 4:30 CST. I'm so dang stoked. She looks so good. I haven't thought of a name for it yet, but one is definitely in order. This is my first ever Jeep Wrangler and could not be more excited! This will be my build journal.

looks

looks damn sexy, I have ordered sarge green unlimited Willys from Gupton motors, need to pick up, cant wait to see my first ever Jeep. congratulations and enjoy the ride

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Nice Jeep! When I first read the thread title, the first thing that came to my mind was, “Mail order bride?!” 🤔. LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Awesome choice for a first Jeep, although I am biased…

Jeep Wrangler JL It's The Beginning of A New Adventure!!! 2023 Willys Sport 2-Door Build Journal F3FF630C-DE96-4DDD-823F-7744D6A86F30

This was our first Jeep as well.

4 months later I bought myself one…

Jeep Wrangler JL It's The Beginning of A New Adventure!!! 2023 Willys Sport 2-Door Build Journal F3FF630C-DE96-4DDD-823F-7744D6A86F30
I'm loving mine, dude! I can't wait to leave for work and then I can't wait to head back home. I can't wait until I can take it on the trail the first time.

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
1st, Thank you for your Service.
2nd, Great Choice in a Jeep!

Some people will say a Rubicon or some other model is better and they may be very right! But I think that for the dollars spent, it’s hard to beat the Willys for what it gives you. Me, having started with a CJ, Jeeps have come a long way and I’ve had and followed them over the years as Family and Time and Military Deployments have come and gone.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Some people will say a Rubicon or some other model is better and they may be very right! But I think that for the dollars spent, it’s hard to beat the Willys for what it gives you. Me, having started with a CJ, Jeeps have come a long way and I’ve had and followed them over the years as Family and Time and Military Deployments have come and gone.

Enjoy!
Thank you for your service as well! That's right, it is really hard to beat the value of the Willys package. After 1% below dealer invoice and trade-in, I spent only $29k for my Willys Sport. I can add a ARB dual compressor setup, ARB front and rear air lockers, and some JKS Quicker Disconnects for $4,147. That still only brings the total of my Jeep to $33,147.00 which is basically a Rubicon but still way less than a base Rubicon. People tried to convince me to get a Rubicon, but the math just didn't make sense to me as I can build something more capable than a Rubicon for less money than its starting MSRP. Also, you know as well as I do that as a veteran, you feel a tie to your branch's heritage. WW2 may well have been lost without the Willys Overland Quad and the Ford GPW. I wanted an Army inspired heritage Jeep that was basic, economical (gotta pinch those pennies in this economy), and was ready to go off-road out of the box as I used to take my Tacoma (before I traded it in for my Willys) wheelin' with a group called Mark Twain Mafia in Missouri. Iwant to use this for that as well. I am loving this thing and have a feeling that this will be a vehicle I keep until the wheels fall off of it.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Enjoy!
Also, great color choice on your Willys! That blue really pops.

Montanabound

First Name
Lol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Thank you for your service as well! That's right, it is really hard to beat the value of the Willys package. After 1% below dealer invoice and trade-in, I spent only $29k for my Willys Sport. I can add a ARB dual compressor setup, ARB front and rear air lockers, and some JKS Quicker Disconnects for $4,147. That still only brings the total of my Jeep to $33,147.00 which is basically a Rubicon but still way less than a base Rubicon. People tried to convince me to get a Rubicon, but the math just didn't make sense to me as I can build something more capable than a Rubicon for less money than its starting MSRP. Also, you know as well as I do that as a veteran, you feel a tie to your branch's heritage. WW2 may well have been lost without the Willys Overland Quad and the Ford GPW. I wanted an Army inspired heritage Jeep that was basic, economical (gotta pinch those pennies in this economy), and was ready to go off-road out of the box as I used to take my Tacoma (before I traded it in for my Willys) wheelin' with a group called Mark Twain Mafia in Missouri. Iwant to use this for that as well. I am loving this thing and have a feeling that this will be a vehicle I keep until the wheels fall off of it.
Omegalul…. Then you can get some Dana 60s and rock 40x15.5x17s with a hellcat swapped power plant. You’ll have a Decepticon, which obviously trumps the pitiful Rubicon.
Sponsored