@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Very nicely done - I'm developing my own theory as I learn more in regards to the build but your intro and background regarding your Jeep's purpose seems to echo what I"m going to go for. Thanks!

Question - with the Gobi stealth rack, how hard is it to remove the hard top?
I installed the Gobi Rack in November and it’s still chilly and some rain here so I haven’t take off the top yet. The freedom panels have come off and that is no problem. I have the quick release on the rack so it pulls back in a minute. Top should be easy enough. Probably a two person job though. Without rack I can do it myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update - steersmarts trackbar, tie rod, and drag link all installed with fox stabilzer and it drives better than stock with 33" tires.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Just an update - steersmarts trackbar, tie rod, and drag link all installed with fox stabilzer and it drives better than stock with 33" tires.
Gorgeous Rig. I am looking at the Gobi rack as well, since it is one of the few that is not solely dependent on having a hard top. Would be interested in your impression when the weather warms up and you put on the soft top (presume you got the dual top group). My first step though is bumpers and winch. I can camp in a tent on the ground for a while longer. But do plan on getting a RTT and the Gobi rack appears to be able to handle the static weight.

Are you still running with the stock rock sliders? In at least one picture you had stock, and another you had something else. But no mention of the rock sliders installed.

Hope to run into you some day. :) I'm on the other side of the hill from you.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Gorgeous Rig. I am looking at the Gobi rack as well, since it is one of the few that is not solely dependent on having a hard top. Would be interested in your impression when the weather warms up and you put on the soft top (presume you got the dual top group). My first step though is bumpers and winch. I can camp in a tent on the ground for a while longer. But do plan on getting a RTT and the Gobi rack appears to be able to handle the static weight.

Are you still running with the stock rock sliders? In at least one picture you had stock, and another you had something else. But no mention of the rock sliders installed.

Hope to run into you some day. :) I'm on the other side of the hill from you.
Hey. I have the DV8 sliders/little bit of step. I wanted a bit of step for getting at stuff on the Gobi Rack and for kids and wife but I wanted something strong enough to hold the jeep up. These are what I went with.

I do not have the dual group. I go hard top till June then no top - but I do put on the ALien sunshade.

But if you get the quick disconnect it takes just a minute to lift the gobi rack up to pull back soft top. I saw on one youtube video that the soft top will flap against the gobi rack though.

Sponsored

RGW_WNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubican
Nice build, my build also has Mopar 2" lift (think a bit more than 2"). I kept same wheels, but went to KO2 35" tires. I stayed with Mopar metal bumpers, spare reinforcement and no problem fitting. Added the shorter Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform up top. Wren Zeon 10S. Diode Dynamics rear LED lightbar. Cobra CB. About to add the LOD Destroyer rock rails/steps. Drives like a dream, but only 1,000 miles in first month. Camber is spot on with Mopar lift. WNC is as much rock climbing environment, more old mountain backwoods terrain and couple ORP runs, did great (lift and tires made big difference, would like BFG KM3, but snow concern here. Went with ARB 35qt fridge/freeze (works great) and trying to decide about air compressor (seems the suitcase, smart). I have not been on interstate type highway yet. Mpg, a disappointing 13.5, (3.6, auto), looking into that.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Nice build, my build also has Mopar 2" lift (think a bit more than 2"). I kept same wheels, but went to KO2 35" tires. I stayed with Mopar metal bumpers, spare reinforcement and no problem fitting. Added the shorter Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform up top. Wren Zeon 10S. Diode Dynamics rear LED lightbar. Cobra CB. About to add the LOD Destroyer rock rails/steps. Drives like a dream, but only 1,000 miles in first month. Camber is spot on with Mopar lift. WNC is as much rock climbing environment, more old mountain backwoods terrain and couple ORP runs, did great (lift and tires made big difference, would like BFG KM3, but snow concern here. Went with ARB 35qt fridge/freeze (works great) and trying to decide about air compressor (seems the suitcase, smart). I have not been on interstate type highway yet. Mpg, a disappointing 13.5, (3.6, auto), looking into that.
Awesome. Sounds like are builds are pretty similar!
Sponsored