Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
You're right, on my street i live by 3 Col. and a 2-star General. Their retirement's are all 6 figures. This guy is young though.
lol Oh yeah, Officers at that level are very well paid. They don't want to rub that in our faces, but we know exactly what they get paid because you can figure out a pay chart easy enough, lol.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
So I fell it love with my wifeā€™s 18 JL Sahara and after seeing some Gladiators on the road, I just fell in love of having a Jeep that can also act like a truck when I need it :)

I love my ram and it has zero issues. I donā€™t use it for its power or towing capacity either. I just like big trucks :)

I hope I donā€™t regret it lol

I am picking up a 20 Gladiator Rubicon launch edition firecracker red tomorrow afternoon. Was able to get it down from 62k MSRP to $56,129 which I think was a good deal.

What are yā€™all opinion on this maneuver lol
I swear you read my mind and added your own twist to this xD

Still, good move imo, let's see what everyone else says

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you should read ā€œTotal Money Makeoverā€ by Dave Ramsey. Because if youā€™re not a millionaire you canā€™t afford this maneuver.
Life's short, how many people die out of nowhere and all of a sudden?

Hell, I had an old man in a Lincoln nearly fly into my lane just an hour ago, and besides, one life to live

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I may have been misunderstood, Iā€™m in no way advocating buying a transportation appliance or buying the cheapest car out there. Iā€™m simply pointing out a simple fact, trading in an almost new car is costly to the buyer.

I buy relatively expensive cars, and not necessarily practical ones, but I also keep vehicles an average of 10+ years. Cars or trucks are not investments for the average individual. Depreciation is very front end loaded so keeping them a long time will reduce the cost per unit of time.

Of course if moneyā€™s not a concern, go for it or better yet keep both vehicles. In my experience people who have money donā€™t waste money. Thatā€™s why they have money. Said differently, people who waste money donā€™t have money for long.
I did not take it as that. The point I was meaning to make was...... if we can decide what we want to drive then itā€™s great that at least some drive what they like. And if some like the sure fire little sedan that gets 45 mpg then great for them. The best average I have ever had out of a vehicle is 23mpg. So a Wrangler even if lifted with bigger tires is not a big draw back. Great points that you made. I agree and understand. Have a good one.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
All I will say is if that's what you want get, let the complainers do what they do.
Again I have to say is my Gladiator Rubicon is on order so again Congratulations
Happy Trails.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
I wasn't specifically referring to the new/used thing, but income can change overnight and debt cannot.

He bought a Ram 1500 new and now he's trading it in. There's no telling how under water he is, but i bet a lot. And even if he's not upside down on the payment/value side of the equation, he got there by forking out a very large down payment. That's gone. Now he's going to compound that by buying another new vehicle. When he drives that off the lot, he'll be so upside down that he'll probably pay an additional; 2-3 years of notes to cover the loss. He's in the military, so unless he has a trust fund he didn't tell us about or his wife is a doctor...he can't afford this maneuver. And he's choosing to trade it in instead of trying to sell it and getting a lot more for it, because he's either lazy or impatient. I'm not intending to be mean, but these are truths the OP should come to grips with.

And i quote, "What are yā€™all opinion on this maneuver". There, you have it.
Dude you are now straight talking from your literal asshole. Your comical hahahah

sticker500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
i need to be on full disclosure, i actually went from a 2019 Ram Limited to the 2019 JLUR and have not even passed 1K miles. So my comments were based on how the JLUR rides which is about the same as the JT. When the JT is lifted, tires, etc, I really like the look. It's different, and will turn heads. My coworker just bought a JT launch edition because he missed his Jeep but wanted a truck. BTW the A/C works without a "valve hack" LOL which the OP will understand :)

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
i need to be on full disclosure, i actually went from a 2019 Ram Limited to the 2019 JLUR and have not even passed 1K miles. So my comments were based on how the JLUR rides which is about the same as the JT. When the JT is lifted, tires, etc, I really like the look. It's different, and will turn heads. My coworker just bought a JT launch edition because he missed his Jeep but wanted a truck. BTW the A/C works without a "valve hack" LOL which the OP will understand :)
I actually did the valve hack and made a huge difference. Now that you mention it... I forgot to remove it oops!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Might as well ask what that is ahead of time
19 and up Ram 1500s have an issue with the AC system not working properly ( blowout 55 degrees out of vents at Max AC). So someone developed an adjustable valve mod preventing a lot of hot coolant heating up the AC this bringing down the temps to around 44 or less out of the vents !! Drastic improvement

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 and up Ram 1500s have an issue with the AC system not working properly ( blowout 55 degrees out of vents at Max AC). So someone developed an adjustable valve mod preventing a lot of hot coolant heating up the AC this bringing down the temps to around 44 or less out of the vents !! Drastic improvement
Oh damn, wish I knew that before hand.

Off topic, but are Glad's built in the same factory as Wranglers? How hard could it be to request one painted in Mojito?

OP
OP
Joker4L

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Did the Ram not fit in the garage either?
There was no chance in hell for the ram to fit. I needed at least 3 more feet and that was still would barely leave room.

The Gladiator actually fits but it would be super close to the entrance door and I would have to remove the hitch adapter to have extra space to walk around the back.

The Sahara sleeps in the garage :)
Sponsored