Trade Values Crashing?

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Oddly enough, this morning I’m trying to do my daily check of inventory using the Jeep page and it’s only displaying 4xe’s. I thought maybe I had checked the wrong engine filter, but when I went back to look that’s the only option available in the filter menu.

Coincidence? I know the site is buggy as hell, but it just seems weird that right after reading this thread and about the 4xe’s that this would happen…..
My seach yields all trim levels
Sponsored

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Let us not forget that Used Car price insanity was impart due to parts and CPU shortage. That drove up the need for used cars, and hence, raised tradin value. Now that the supply chain is returning to normal, and we don't have 6mo waiting times on new vehicles, used isn't in the same demand.
Parts and CPU shortages still exist. We're still having 6-8 week back orders on relatively new parts. As are other shops from other brands in the area. My dealer has several luxury brands, and they're all having issues. The FCA dealer down the street that also has a separate Honda dealer is having parts issues at both locations.

Wiring harnesses (for crash repair, etc) are 4 months out, custom order only. That's 4 months, order to production minimum, not including freight time from Europe.

All the industry insiders in the parts system, say at LEAST another year of shortages and extended lead times. New car orders are now over a year out for three of our product lines at my shop.

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Just sold my 18 JLUR stock 25k miles @ $46k- Private Sale
It took roughly 1month and the low baller dealers were circling like sharks(most offers were around $42k)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Oddly enough, this morning I’m trying to do my daily check of inventory using the Jeep page and it’s only displaying 4xe’s. I thought maybe I had checked the wrong engine filter, but when I went back to look that’s the only option available in the filter menu.

Coincidence? I know the site is buggy as hell, but it just seems weird that right after reading this thread and about the 4xe’s that this would happen…..
I'm thinking that you accidentally clicked the 4xe link on the main page.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I'm thinking that you accidentally clicked the 4xe link on the main page.
Nope, I thought so too and tried a few times, even on another device. Others commented the same thing. Probably just a glitch?

Sponsored

wubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 LBP S2000, '23 Rubicon 4xe
In the not too distant future nobody is going to want a Hybrid. Half gas half electric. Once fully electric takes over. They’ll be the pro gas crowd and the pro electric crowd. The hybrid will be the worst of both. Like a dual sport motorcycle sucks off-road and on the street but technically does both. or any other thing that tries to do two completely different things OK it does nothing great. Nobody’s gonna want all the disadvantages of gas and all the disadvantages of electric rolled into one. The current crop of hybrids are just transition vehicles to help get us there. And nobody’s gonna want those in the future.
I look at the 4xe as the best of both worlds. I don't have any 'range anxiety' so I can run on gas with no need to wait to charge. I always have instant power/torque available with the help of the battery. Sure it doesnt sound as nice as a 392 but I get damn near same performance as one while still averaging about low 20s mpg.
I think car technology has pretty much matured aside from autonomous driving. Battery tech will still improve over the years/decades but the shape of our jeeps wont. wrangler MPG or 'MPGe' will always be in the lower percentile in the industry...and Soon both that and Range will be a problem on a fully electric one.

Kahunadave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Etorque; 2015 GrCherokee ltd 2wd
Occupation
Auto Lending
The interest rate hikes by the Fed Res Bank are to blame. But they're doing what is intended. I hope this all settles down quickly. But if history is any indicator, it will take more than a few years.
The Fed is not done yet.. so i dont think we have really seen the full effect of this pullback.. to say whether we are knee deep or hip deep in a recession. Companies have slowed hiring or may be looking at a few layoffs.. when that happens people will start letting go of their $500 -$600 car payments back to the bank.
These past 2yrs of cheap money allowed people to go out and buy more Car than they could truly afford. The light at the end of the Tunnel.. is a couple years away.. imho.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The Fed is not done yet.. so i dont think we have really seen the full effect of this pullback.. to say whether we are knee deep or hip deep in a recession. Companies have slowed hiring or may be looking at a few layoffs.. when that happens people will start letting go of their $500 -$600 car payments back to the bank.
These past 2yrs of cheap money allowed people to go out and buy more Car than they could truly afford. The light at the end of the Tunnel.. is a couple years away.. imho.
Of course, if that happens in mass, we'll see used prices dip and new prices become soft.

Eddiechi

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR Rubicon -- 2023 2DR Rubi ordered Sep 29
Trade in Value changed in 1 week..... last week ordered new JLR so I was curious about trade in value and seemed Carvana offered highest amount for my 2020 JLR but just recieved an email from Car Gurus....... 7 days later for $2k more than they offered last week...

Jeep Wrangler JL Trade Values Crashing? 1665074255851

Sponsored

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
I ordered a new Rubi online from an out of town dealer, a well known one on this board I believe. They wouldn't give me a trade in value, obviously since I have to wait for months for an order. So they haven't seen my '19 Rubi yet. Is it fair to assume they're going to offer around KBB for the trade? I'd hate to get down there and get lowballed. How has everyone been doing if you were in this situation?

Eddiechi

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR Rubicon -- 2023 2DR Rubi ordered Sep 29
I ordered a new Rubi online from an out of town dealer, a well known one on this board I believe. They wouldn't give me a trade in value, obviously since I have to wait for months for an order. So they haven't seen my '19 Rubi yet. Is it fair to assume they're going to offer around KBB for the trade? I'd hate to get down there and get lowballed. How has everyone been doing if you were in this situation?

They should have been able to give you a trade value today... regardless of when your Build comes in..... even a ballpark figure with an est. 500 more miles on it or whatever your daily avg is so it gives you the opportunity to compare with any other dealership, carvana, vroom, etc.

With a ballpark estimate and knowing you have months until new one is delivered you can make the calculated assessment to sell it private or prefer trade in.

If their trade in value doesn't compete with other offers you then have time to list it privately for sale for a better return (minus tax losses on trade)....

EDIT - I overlooked that this was an "out of town" dealer.... take it to 1 or 2 local dealers to get a ballpark figure on a trade in

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
KBB values have not adjusted yet. Excellent trade value is actually what dealers are pricing theirs for a retail. So KBB is definitely not reliable right now.

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
KBB values have not adjusted yet. Excellent trade value is actually what dealers are pricing theirs for a retail. So KBB is definitely not reliable right now.
So if KBB said excellent is $40K, maybe expect $38K? I'm just trying to get an idea

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I’d expect 10% less. Weird times right now. The election is coming, then Thanksgiving and Christmas. Doubt there will be many vehicles bought and sold this December compared to the last 5-6.

We traded our Navigator 3 weeks ago on a new Wagoneer. The dealer is asking KKB excellent trade value. We accepted 10% less than that, but saved a big chunk on sales tax by trading. The Navigator is still on their lot. I thought we took a couple grand less than we should, even after I comped them out. Turns out that we did okay.
Sponsored