Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Here are pages from the owner's manual:
TPMS Wrangler.png

TPMS Wrangler 2.png
For those stumbling on to this thread/post.. and to the OP, that has a 2018 JL.

For those reading this post..... this info is out of a 2021 Owner's manual.... Much you read in this excerpt will not apply to say a 2018 or 2019 JL.
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
@Frank R. I’ll add my two cents.
I replaced ONLY the tires on a 2021 JLUR. Same wheels and the original TPMS.
When I left the shop, all four TPMS were reading. On the drive home, about 40 minutes worth, all four dropped out and I got the TPMS UNAVAILABLE message. After trying every fix/trick that’s been mentioned in this thread and a few others, I was still getting no reading from the TPMS. This went on for about three weeks, give it take.

I eventually made an appointment with the dealer I bought the Jeep from and explained the situation to the Service Manager. They scanned the TPMS with their handheld, confirmed all fIve of the TPMS were present and functional - than plugged the handheld into the OBD connector and bingo - the TPMS were back.

Perhaps that’s all you need to do.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
And people thought I was crazy for getting my winter tires (w/ 5 new TPMS sensors) in August.
This is why. Gotta get in the queue early for anything you need nowadays.
@Reinen

Do bookmark this thread.... Come Spring when you put your Summer wheels/tires on you may, again may have to wake-up the TPMS in those Summer tires that have been sitting there, unused for months.. The info in this thread will be helpful in awakening them if necessary..

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
@Reinen

Do bookmark this thread.... Come Spring when you put your Summer wheels/tires on you may, again may have to wake-up the TPMS in those Summer tires that have been sitting there, unused for months.. The info in this thread will be helpful in awakening them if necessary..

I have TPMS tools from my previous vehicle which required pairing & programming every summer/winter tire swap. So far the JL has been a cakewalk in comparison.
Of course, the batteries in my TPMS tools will probably be dead. 😆
Sponsored