Tpms issues

robertsj22

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited sport soon i hope
I put new 35’s on my jlu 18 sport. I purchased the sensors new from tpms bargains. I spend almost 200 for 5 sensors and I can’t get them to show up. I’ve drove three trips to work which is Ruffly 15 miles each trip. It’s just shows red at all 4 wheels. Anyone have any suggestions
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@robertsj22

You bought from a terrific TPMS vendor. Assuming you ordered/purchased the correct TPMS's from them...

Try the following....

Make sure your PSI is set to what the the door placard recommends. Then go for a ride... Hopefully, all will display after a mile or so.. AFTER all TPMS's are reading you can change the psi on tires.

If that is a no go try -->Often the spare messes things up so remove the spare, leave it in the garage and with the PSI's all set as per the door placard, go drive for a few minutes. Once all displays properly, put the spare back on the spare holder.

Also try: --> the current thought by most TPMS retailers/vendors, that IF you have one or more sensors not reading on a say a JL/JLU/JT, you deflate all tires to 12# below the recommended tire pressure, driver's side door sticker that tells you recommended tire psi. Now, after they are deflated you drive say a half mile. Now, you inflate to to +- 1# psi, of the recommended psi on the driver's side door sticker and go for a mile drive.. This scenario/routine is suppose to wake up the sensors, so to speak and get them reading...

@Goin2drt

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@robertsj22

In regard to your JL's TPMS:

-
How does the JL know which tire/rim/wheel is where .....

Well, there are 3 sensors on the chassis that monitor the 4 TPMS Sensors found on the 4 tire (rim) positions.

Info from the 3 chassis sensors is transmitted to the Wireless Control Module. There is no need for a 4th chassis sensor as the computer uses the process of elimination to determine the fourth tire location.

Yes, your JL knows exactly which rim is where, usually within seconds of a tire rotation for example. Yes, It's all done automatically.

The JL, does have a TPMS sensor in the spare, but it is not read by a chassis sensor/ considered by the computer until it is placed in one of the 4 tire positions.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@robertsj22

You bought from a terrific TPMS vendor. Assuming you ordered/purchased the correct TPMS's from them...

Try the following....

Make sure your PSI is set to what the the door placard recommends. Then go for a ride... Hopefully, all will display after a mile or so.. AFTER all TPMS's are reading you can change the psi on tires.

If that is a no go try -->Often the spare messes things up so remove the spare, leave it in the garage and with the PSI's all set as per the door placard, go drive for a few minutes. Once all displays properly, put the spare back on the spare holder.

Also try: --> the current thought by most TPMS retailers/vendors, that IF you have one or more sensors not reading on a say a JL/JLU/JT, you deflate all tires to 12# below the recommended tire pressure, driver's side door sticker that tells you recommended tire psi. Now, after they are deflated you drive say a half mile. Now, you inflate to to +- 1# psi, of the recommended psi on the driver's side door sticker and go for a mile drive.. This scenario/routine is suppose to wake up the sensors, so to speak and get them reading...

@Goin2drt
Spot on here.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
You can lower all the pressures of all tires down to say 25# then take a short drive and then air up to what’s on the door placard and take for another drive to see if the JL picks up the signal but in the end it’s a crap shoot on using aftermarket wheels and sensors so in the end after I went thru a few sets with 50/50 success I used JSCAN and turned the shit off cause I know what a flat is and know how to use a tire pressure gage that I carry.

Sponsored

OP
OP

robertsj22

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope this is not the case I went with the oem that was recommended

OP
OP

robertsj22

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve tried all the suggestions here. None of them have showed up. I sent an email to tpms bargains to see what the next step is

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve tried all the suggestions here. None of them have showed up. I sent an email to tpms bargains to see what the next step is
Have you had the sensors scanned to ensure they are reading ….DT will do for free, if they are reading at the tire then it’s possible the signal is not making it back to one of the receivers on the Jeep and that was my issue so after trying all sorts of tricks and going thru several sensor sets I just turned it off and use the tire gage I have carried for 35 years

OP
OP

robertsj22

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not done that. I don’t have any big name tire stores around here .
Have you had the sensors scanned to ensure they are reading ….DT will do for free, if they are reading at the tire then it’s possible the signal is not making it back to one of the receivers on the Jeep and that was my issue so after trying all sorts of tricks and going thru several sensor sets I just turned it off and use the tire gage I have carried for 35 years

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have not done that. I don’t have any big name tire stores around here .
This is needed ….. just because they are mounted in the wheel does not mean they are broadcasting a signal so if they scan with a tire tool then we can look at other things like wheel design, offset etc…
Sponsored