Sponsored

TPMS issues with aftermarket wheels - am I alone?

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I have method 105 beadlocks with a fairly decent offset at -38mm. Stock sensors installed on them.

Some TPMS sensors randomly stop registering for a handful of miles then they fire back up fine.

Its mainly my front left. But other have randomly stopped reading as well.

I was thinking it might possibly the large offset compared to stock wheels? Pushing the sensors a bit further away from the readers?

Anyone else have sporadic TPMS issues?

I didn't really drive enough miles to experience if there was issues prior to swapping out the wheels.
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I have method 105 beadlocks with a fairly decent offset at -38mm. Stock sensors installed on them.

Some TPMS sensors randomly stop registering for a handful of miles then they fire back up fine.

Its mainly my front left. But other have randomly stopped reading as well.

I was thinking it might possibly the large offset compared to stock wheels? Pushing the sensors a bit further away from the readers?

Anyone else have sporadic TPMS issues?

I didn't really drive enough miles to experience if there was issues prior to swapping out the wheels.
I have the same offet wheels, but I am not experiencing any of those issues..... I did purchase new sensors to go with the wheels rather than using what was in the factory wheels, but that shouldnt make a difference.
My wife also has aftermarket wheels with new TPMS sensors with no issues(her offset is less aggressive though.)

Amric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ Rubicon, 2018 JL Rubicon
No issues here. 4.75 backspacing, and new TPMS sensors.

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I have been having issues with one of mine not reading once in while and then it comes back on 3 minutes later. I was actually gonna call tirerack about that today. I figured it was a bad sensor or something. -12mm

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I have been having issues with one of mine not reading once in while and then it comes back on 3 minutes later. I was actually gonna call tirerack about that today. I figured it was a bad sensor or something. -12mm
Aftermarket sensor?

Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
My sensors stopped registering all together, worked for 2 days, then nothing. Did a couple of soft resets, and turned tpms off with new flashcal and still have warning light and display warnings on startup.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
My sensors stopped registering all together, worked for 2 days, then nothing. Did a couple of soft resets, and turned tpms off with new flashcal and still have warning light and display warnings on startup.
Soft resets of what?

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soft resets of what?
Pcm by unhooking the battery for a few. Could be a wives tale, but I've been told can sometimes work for little glitches like that.
It's worked on my Malibu boat which is a LS engine with ob2 pcm. Either way, it didn't work for the Jeep.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Pcm by unhooking the battery for a few. Could be a wives tale, but I've been told can sometimes work for little glitches like that.
It's worked on my Malibu boat which is a LS engine with ob2 pcm. Either way, it didn't work for the Jeep.
There's 2 batteries - might prevent that from working unless you unhook them both?

Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's 2 batteries - might prevent that from working unless you unhook them both?
Ha! You are absolutely correct, I had no clue! From a quick search, it looks like the second battery has enough juice to start the Jeep even when the main is disconnected.

Ok, did some searching, ans you have to disconnect 3 3 grounds, 2 on the firewall, and the neg terminal on the battery to disable both batteries.

Last edited:

BoilerUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I am also having issues with my TPMS sensors since installing them in Method Double Standards. The odd thing is its only the front wheels, and the sensors seem to switch occasionally. Only happens on the front wheels, but if the right one is reading a pressure, the left one show blank. Eventually the one reading will go blank, and the other tire will start reading a pressure.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I am also having issues with my TPMS sensors since installing them in Method Double Standards. The odd thing is its only the front wheels, and the sensors seem to switch occasionally. Only happens on the front wheels, but if the right one is reading a pressure, the left one show blank. Eventually the one reading will go blank, and the other tire will start reading a pressure.
Hrmmmm.

Mine is mainly my front left. Just doesn't detect it occasionally. Then corrects itself.

I have had all 4 go blank for a while, but that only happened once.

I am thinking it's the reader on the axle. Any idea on how to move the readers closer to the wheels?

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Hrmmmm.

Mine is mainly my front left. Just doesn't detect it occasionally. Then corrects itself.

I have had all 4 go blank for a while, but that only happened once.

I am thinking it's the reader on the axle. Any idea on how to move the readers closer to the wheels?
Mines always my front right and it always happens in the same location every other day. its goes red for 2 minutes and then pops back on.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Mines always my front right and it always happens in the same location every other day. its goes red for 2 minutes and then pops back on.
Wonder what is causing this?

Sounds extremely similar to mine
Sponsored

Last edited: