Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I worry more about peeing cats, shitting birds, and overhanging trees than I do about people going through my Jeep. I also don't keep anything in it that would upset me if it was stolen.

In the end you just have to kind of have Jeep zen and know that things can happen but probably won't and if they do you just deal with it.
Sponsored

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
My Brother-in-law had a YJ in collage and some dude when around to all jeeps over several months and smeared his poop all over the inside including the inside of the windshield, steering wheel, dash and seats. And in his poop would spell out "The Poop Man Strikes Again". he cleaned it... Took it to the self car wash and high pressured the entire inside... I would have set it on fire!

NorCalSahara

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I couldn’t find similar so I have a question:

When you’re riding topless with doors off are you not concerned someone’s going to mess with your vehicle? I don’t leave anything of value in the Jeep and I don’t lock anything so no one has a reason to break stuff.

I’m just worried I’ll come out of the store to a homeless orgy going on in my new baby.

Irrational fear?
I came out of the grocery store to find a person sitting in the driver seat of my Jeep pretending to drive it like a 5 year old would. That’s the only bad thing that’s ever happened to me having the top and doors off. I scared the piss out of him when I snuck up and screamed at him. His excuse was that he had never sat in a Jeep. Wtf? This was a number of years ago. Have had 4 Jeep’s and this was the only time this has happened... that I know of. Haha.

Most bad things happen when the doors are locked and the soft top is on. I’ve had my soft top cut. Lesson learned just leave the doors unlocked.

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Do you not realize that expensive sunglasses are made of the same materials, cost the same to produce, and have no engineered benefits over cheap ones? Luxottica has a monopoly on the market and artificially inflates their prices to make you feel that they are higher quality.
I've purchased $5-$15 sunglasses from Walmart since high school. I don't feel so bad if someone (my kid) takes them, breaks them, or loses them. I could not see myself spending more than $20 for sunglasses.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
That's the world we now live in. Try to save yourself and your insurance company $$$$ by leaving your soft top unlocked and you get penalized because of a thief.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
...Darin bought two vehicles cash that day, a Challenger TA 392 for him, and a Jeep Sahara JK for his mother! over $100,000 cash after all said and done!...

...hands down one of my best clients!
100k for a Challenger 392 and a Sahara JK.

Best client indeed.

98intrigue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Moab, '14 Viper
Occupation
Project Manager
I had my first bad experience this weekend on national topless day.

Doors and top were off and I was parked downtown in a parking garage for a concert. When I came back to my car, someone placed their used Big Gulp in my cup holder - How dare them! I felt so violated. I actually chuckled and will be happy if that’s the worst that ever happens.

DogsOnTheRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
This will be my first warm season with my Sahara (leather seats). I'm mostly worried about rain.
1) Do you guys all garage your Jeeps, and
2) Can you drive around on a rainy day and stay dry?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Been driving Jeeps for years, a lot of the time they don't have a top or doors on and I only know of one time someone messed with it. I have had more problems when the top and doors are on.

The one time someone messed with my TJ I was at a hot air balloon festival for an evening lighting thing. So there were lots of vehicles parked and it was a warm summer/spring night. I had the top off my Jeep, but the doors were on and locked. On my way back to the Jeep I noticed every vehicle had a flyer under the windshield wiper for some church. Clearly someone went through the area littering on every vehicle. When I got to my Jeep I did not have a flyer under my windshield wiper, instead it was inside standing upright leaning against the gear shifter. It could have been a perfect throw from outside, but my theory is some youth group was the one distributing their litter and one climbed into the back of my Jeep to lay that just right.

I don't park under trees because of sap and bird worries, but even with that I did have a bird shit in my TJ once. It hit the turn signal lever. By the time I got to the Jeep is was all dried up so it wasn't super gross and it wiped up pretty easily with some clorox wipes.

The fears (none of which have happened to me) I have about my Jeep being topless and doorless are:

1) a kid playing in it and taking it out of gear. My JL is my first automatic and the parking brake on my old Jeeps don't hold well so it'd be nothing for one to roll away. I turn the wheels to fully lock one way or the other so if that happened it wouldn't go far or too fast (hopefully).

2) a cat pissing on a seat. Cat shit, while gross, is not that big of a deal to clean up, but cat piss would be a nightmare and it STINKS. If one pissed on the floorboards though I'd just take it to the nearest car wash and hose it out.

3) a drunk puking in it. I don't go to the bars much but every now and then I meet some friends there. I'm always worried that some drunk will stumble outside and puke in the first thing he sees. So I never know... do you park close to the door or park far away? So far I just split the difference and keep my fingers crossed. When it happens I'll probably call roadside to tow it to the nearest dealer and file an insurance claim demanding it be totalled because like OP when it comes to bodily fluids I'm out. Even with no carpets and the drain plugs pulled I do not want to be trying to hose chewed up bits of hotdog down the drain hole.
:CWL:

MUD-H2O

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR 3.6L 6-Speed
Occupation
Web Developer
It wasn’t a “soup kitchen” or anything but there was a homeless guy sitting in my JK when I had the doors and top off last summer. It was parked on the street in downtown KC. Building security ran him off because they know my jeep. I found the gig a couple of days later and had a conversation with him!!
Oh great! I'm from KC and was thinking "nobody would do that here". I guess I won't be parking downtown with the tops off. :)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
This will be my first warm season with my Sahara (leather seats). I'm mostly worried about rain.
1) Do you guys all garage your Jeeps, and
2) Can you drive around on a rainy day and stay dry?
1) yes
2) no
Sponsored