• Poll closed .

TexRivers

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I use Top Tier gas in my 2019 Moab with the 3.6. I am curious how many others do the same.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I haven't tried it yet but I've heard good things. I keep thinking about it but where I live the ethanol blends (E10 or E15) are considerably less expensive.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I've been using it. Especially since Costco gas (at least here) is Top Tier!

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Top tier does not mean it is ethanol free. Top tier is a designation for the detergent blend in some brands of gasoline, and may still contain ethanol (or not).
I use 91 0ctane non ethanol Mobil. It costs $3.09 per gallon. It definitely improves mileage.Use it in the Allroad and my bike. Top tier

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Shell Oil Products US announced that its Regular and Plus and premium-grade gasolines now join its V-Power gasoline in meeting the "Top TierDetergent Gasoline" standard. ... The new standard surpasses the minimum requirements for gasoline detergent additives set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Gas is gas. Example is north Texas gas comes through the Explorer pipeline with all refineries mixing their fuels. Only when they add additives to the tanker at the terminal does it become top tier or branded. The difference isn't in the fuel but the detergents, octane and ethanol added after the fact.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Is Stop & Shop gas top tier? Best I can tell, the answer to that is “depends on the supplier, and supplier varies.”

I can say that my wife got a bad tank of gas in her GMC Yukon from S&S. My guess is that it had water in it. Caused rough idle and bunch of engine codes. All was well after a bottle of fuel injector cleaner and 93 octane Sunoco. No more Stop and Shop gas in her truck... Admittedly, however, I’m still using it in my JL from time to time. I mean, when I accumulate enough points to get $0.90 off per gallon it’s damn hard to pass up. GM’s V8 is notorious for finicky injectors, and I’m telling myself that the 3.6 Pentastar will be just fine.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I use Top Tier gas in my 2019 Moab with the 3.6. I am curious how many others do the same.
It's a complete scam the entire Top Tier branding. A money grab.

Do yourself a favor and save some $$$$ and run a can of Seafoam through the intake every 10k miles or so.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It's a complete scam the entire Top Tier branding. A money grab.

Do yourself a favor and save some $$$$ and run a can of Seafoam through the intake every 10k miles or so.
Actually, it is not a scam. No need for the Seafoam if you are running Top Tier.

moell54

First Name
Aubrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Gas is gas. Example is north Texas gas comes through the Explorer pipeline with all refineries mixing their fuels. Only when they add additives to the tanker at the terminal does it become top tier or branded. The difference isn't in the fuel but the detergents, octane and ethanol added after the fact.
You are exactly correct!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Much rather run ethanol-free than top tier, but if it ethanol blend is only petro available then top tier gets my coin.
Sponsored