Sponsored

Tire Deflators

Zipzit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 4x4 Wannabee
Has anyone figured out a lazy way to use the morrflate octapus hose as set and forget deflator? There must be a way to do that…
Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
I use the Staun deflaters - work great and faster than using our 4-tire inflator to deflate.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Got these on Amazon, have used them several times now with no issues. You just have to play with the set screw collar on them initially to set the pressure where you want, then once they're set you throw them on, let them do their thing, take them off and check the EVIC. $19.95 right now. I also built a two tire inflator to work with our portable compressor. I can inflate in 8 minutes for both sides. Got the compressor on sale (Amazon) for $139.

Compressor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K25GMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Deflators: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011DF61YY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The deflators came in a neat little storage tin that slips nicely in a pocket in the air hose bag. My inflator setup uses a fluid damped gauge (no bouncing needle) and has a shut off valve to turn it off so that it's holding pressure in the tires before I pop the quick disconnects off the tires. Doesn't lose anything. Built it for about $90 worth of parts including all the fittings and the hose.

We only take it with us when we're going offroad.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Got Boulder Tools deflators off Amazon and used multiple times. No issues. Right on point when airing down.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I got tired of messing with the screw on deflators, so I installed the APEX Rapid Deflators.

They make me happy :clap:

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I got tired of messing with the screw on deflators, so I installed the APEX Rapid Deflators.

They make me happy :clap:
Do you know if those work with stock wheels?

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon, Jaguar XJL
Occupation
Unemployed
Boulder tools tire deflators

used these probably 20 time over the past year. Took me little time to setup they seem good quality. All tires are within 1 psi of one another. $35
I have these also. I always check the pressure after deflating and they are always within a pound from where I want. The gauge that comes with them reads the same as a couple of other gauges that I have, so I think it is accurate.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Stauns for me... used them several times so far. Set at 18psi and each time they have been +/-1psi difference.

Added also the Epic Kraken 4 tire inflation system and I am a happy air down/up guy. Knees and back happy as well.

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I got the ARB deflators. The nice thing about them is that I can change the pressure according to what I’m doing that day. Deflate to 12 for sand. Or deflate to 25 for mild dirt roads to help with comfort. Or anywhere in between.
On the stock rubicon tires it takes around 12 seconds to lose 5 psi.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I got the ARB deflators. The nice thing about them is that I can change the pressure according to what I’m doing that day. Deflate to 12 for sand. Or deflate to 25 for mild dirt roads to help with comfort. Or anywhere in between.
That is a pro with them vs. a con for the Staun's. Would have to have several sets at different settings.

Cyber_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
That is a pro with them vs. a con for the Staun's. Would have to have several sets at different settings.
Multiple Stauns will get expensive quickly. If you always go to the same pressure then the Stauns would work fine though. Just less flexible.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Could you post a link to exactly what you use?
Sponsored