Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
And follow-up question to the tires...

Will I need to regear my Sahara when I put the 35's on?
I run on the stock gears. Don’t see 8th gear as much. I lost it above 75 mph on stock tires. Now I lose it at 72 mph. I run a throttle controller so not sure if that makes a difference.
Sponsored

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I'm on 37s and I didn't need to regear. One of the heaviest 37s too. I basically have a 7 speed now, but it drives fine otherwise.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
i vote KO2's also. they were made for jeeps. work great, look great, price is great, warranty is great etc. it's one of those grass is greener situations. at the end of the day the stock brand is fine.
trail tested, road tested by millions of drivers, does not have a bad reputation.

The bear went over the mountain,
To see what he could see

He found another mountain...

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
And follow-up question to the tires...

Will I need to regear my Sahara when I put the 35's on?
no / yes.

it is absolutely fine 90% of the time.

now, I just ordered a Rubicon 4xe, and my 35's along with the gearing were one of the motivating factors. (along with CRZY high trade in, and $7500 tax credit)

driving around town is absolutely fine with the 35's.

The only place I had an issue is on the freeway, I would almost never see 8th gear.

sooooo, I completely agree that is is not necessary, but it is something to be aware of.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
First, I am running stock Sport tires, so I can’t speak to how they would be in 33s or larger. Next, off-roading to me is going up a mountain trail that most basic SUVs could struggle to make it up, but might get stuck.

Having said that, I just got the Yokohama Geolander Go15 (bit different than your listing) the other day and today was my first trip up a muddy mountain road (about 10-12 degree incline, muddy, very rutted as oil service trucks also use the road). I had Goodyear All Terrain Kevlar before and what a difference. I used to have to be in 4H with any kind of mud but made it up cleanly in 2H with no issues. They also seem to be much quieter and better handling on the highway at 70mph (put 100 miles on them). Don’t know how they will be in snow or in more extreme terrain but I am impressed so far.
Sponsored