Wheel/Tire Advice

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
Hey guys, first Jeep owner here. 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S. I love my car and look forward to driving it every day. I need some advice... I would like to upgrade my wheels and tires. To me an ideal setup for looks would be 35" tires and 20" wheels. The reason I have not done this is because its very expensive and 35" tires would require a lift and trimming and I'm also concerned about fuel economy/brakes etc. So I think a fair compromise would be going 33" tires and 18" wheels. It will be significantly cheaper, would require no lift/trimming and I would retain the fuel economy/braking performance closer to stock as what I've heard/read. What do you guys think? Would 33s on 18" look good or as good? or will it look closer to stock and not worth the $. If anyone has this setup please feel free if you do not mind to post a picture for me to see. I am thinking about either BF K02 or Terra Grappler G2 and Fuel Beast wheels. Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Last edited:

maus92

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS Firecracker Red
Terra Grappler G2s are great tires - had them on both my 2012 JKUS and 2014 GCL. The JK were 33"s, and the GC were roughly 32"s.

Bmore300

First Name
kahl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKUR
I was in the same boat. Ordered 35in ridge grapplers on fuel beast wheels. I think the 33s look good but pretty stock. You would regret and look to go bigger. I also think you would need a 2in lift but no trimming to fit the 35s but am not 100% sure. I like the terra grapples but wanted a more aggressive tread without the noise of a true mud tire so went with the ridge grapplers. Should also look at the duratracs - light and aggressive looking. Wont affect acceleration and braking as much as with some of the heavier mud or hybrid tires

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS
35's on 18's is best of both for me. I like/want the sidewall flex; Also with 20's the tires are noisier on the hiway… just my two cents.

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

OP
OP
OnNightfall

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So this is what I went with. I decided with Fuel Beast 20x12 -44 offset and 35 12.50 R20. I had read a lot about people regretting going with 17s, 18s, and 33s and if I'm already spending thousands I might as well get something I would not regret. So far I'm very happy. I have noticed a decrease in acceleration and fuel economy but not enough to offset how happy I am with the setup.

Jeep Close Up.jpg

Jeep Front (1).jpg

Jeep Front (2).jpg

Sponsored

Bmore300

First Name
kahl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKUR
Looks awesome. Are you planning to lift it? Also, any rubbing with daily/street driving?
I have the same wheels/tires but no Jeep yet but should be in my driveway on Saturday. Yours is the first I have seen with the exact offset- was worried it would stick out too far but that looks perfect- aggressive but not cartoonish..lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OnNightfall

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome. Are you planning to lift it? Also, any rubbing with daily/street driving?
I have the same wheels/tires but no Jeep yet but should be in my driveway on Saturday. Yours is the first I have seen with the exact offset- was worried it would stick out too far but that looks perfect- aggressive but not cartoonish..lol.
I don’t want to lift it but it’ll be more peace of mind and won’t have to be worried about the way I drive and the road conditions. I get minor rubbing when turning into something with an uneven road. The problem is mainly with the fenders. If you drive extra careful you can avoid rubbing but sometimes it happens. It’s minor but it can happen. So either lift or change fenders is your options.
Sponsored