Sponsored

Thoughts on 2024 & new 392 features

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
With the only truly regrettable upgrade you don’t get being the axle/tow rating . $13K has that covered should yours grenade and you upgrade.
The only regrettable option for me are curtain airbags, because it is not something I can do myself.
Sponsored

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
Integrated antenna FINALLY. Granted, I always replace my antenna with a shorter OEM-style spring antenna that is powdered black, and it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the 17-foot tall factory antenna in all its shiny, eye-catching glory. So, something I can live without.

I have never once wanted power seats in any of my Wranglers. I'd also rather have that space available for mounting compressors / radios under the front seats, since it's hard to find a space for those things in the 392, with its smaller rear cubby (I mounted my compressor in the cubby with the American Adventure Lab kit in my old 2.0T JLU Rubicon). I can see how some that don't have those needs may like the power seats' additional adjustability.

Hate the red seats, but Nappa leather sounds nice.

I hate the new grille. Hate it.

8K winch option is weak sauce. 10K is the minimum I would put in a Jeep, especially with how heavy they have become.

I'm not one to leave my Jeep suspension stock, so I do not care one iota about the 1.5" suspension lift, but those that leave their toys stock might appreciate the improved look / easier fitment of 37" tires.

I don't like the look of the dash with the new 12" unit, and have never thought the 8.4" unit to be inadequate.

The premium cabin option is interesting, but I'm sure that's nothing that can't be done aftermarket, as it's probably just sound deadening materials.

Interested to see how the "New MY 24 392 steering wheel" is different from the current 392 steering wheel. Something that is easily swapped aftermarket, though.

The full-float Dana 44 in the rear, and that's an easy enough thing to swap out when warranties expire.

Sponsored

axhoaxho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392 'waiter'
Agree with folks that Jeep should reconsider offering just red seats on the $90K 392...... red seats in a High Velocity (yellow) 392 could be kind of odd imo.

I hope someone at Jeep is listening, and would offer at least a black seat option on the 392 (with red stitching/decor, may be?)

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Agree with folks that Jeep should reconsider offering just red seats on the $90K 392...... red seats in a High Velocity (yellow) 392 could be kind of odd imo.

I hope someone at Jeep is listening, and would offer at least a black seat option on the 392 (with red stitching/decor, may be?)
Red and yellow interiors look fantastic….I own a car with that combo, and people love it at car shows and at gas stations

But HV is more like a fluorescent light green than something in the middle of a yellow palette.

This interior color will look so stupid on say 1/3 of the available exterior colors that I will LOL if I ever see one……or I will apologize to Mr Wonder.

DoneDeal

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
do you think it will be possible to swap the 24 grill on to an earlier JL? I like te refined look of the 24

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I just put in my order on 5/15 and have a vin already. Needless to say I’m a fan and can’t wait.

258_T18A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392, 1979 CJ7
There's a metric shit ton of 2023 392s sitting on dealer lots near me. Wondering if when the 2024s start showing up we'll see big discounts on leftovers.

Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
The red is a bad choice. bronze exterior accents, red interior and whatever color for the body.....there is no good combination with the red seats and bronze accents. It almost looks like they used a toddler using random crayons to color a photo of a jeep, then the design team said "brilliant!" after a few too many brews....
You're not wrong.

Since JL inception some Jeep trims are plagued by model specific exterior color accenting with no ability to change. Stickers and tow hook paint colors driving exterior panel panel and interior color choices to avoid stupid combinations.

The rubicon sarge green christmas edition.

The firecracker red rubicon interior panels that clash with the a pillar paint.

Firecracker red 4xes looking like a buffalo bills afterthought.

A kinder gentler baby blue accented military sarge green 4xe.

An earl gray and orange accented JT Mojave. - I dont have a joke for one, just ugly.

etc.

Red interior leather only really goes with grayscale colors. I've had it on a black sedan, and a silver roaders. It needs to be the feature and the other colors need to fade into the background or it clashes. On the positive side, FCA sure does like grayscale jeep colors.

axhoaxho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392 'waiter'
I had color Nappa leather seats in my Mercedes S550. They got dirty easily from body oils, grime, and jean stains. Color Nappa leather seats were also not kid- nor dog-friendly.

I can't imagine having these red Nappa leather seats in a trail vehicle like the Wrangler, and keeping them clean..... What is Jeep thinking!?

Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on 2024 & new 392 features image
Sponsored