Sponsored

This piece broke off

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
So I feel like an idiot for doing this but I was trying to "gently" peel back the rubber trim going around the center console where the parking brake lever is to clean up a coffee spill (pics for reference) and ended up snapping off a piece of it that keeps it in place. Now it no longer stays in place :crying: and based on how it's designed, doesn't look like it can be repaired.

I always wondered how one goes about getting parts like this replaced -- through the dealer?

EDIT: Based on my title, I wanted to avoid confusion. The plastic tab in the picture with the arrow pointing to it is still there. It would be the rubber piece that's now sticking out that had something break off. I think it was a hook type thing that hooks onto the plastic tab on the center console.

IMG_5942_806x605.jpg

IMG_5934_806x605.jpg
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
JB Weld. Done. You’re welcome. :)

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Grab a new rubber surround from the dealer and swap it out. Maybe try and get warrantied

Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

Went to the parts department at the dealer today, showed the gentleman the picture and was at least able to get the part number: 6KG06TX7AB

Here's the link to the OEM part from Mopar - https://www.mymoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-bezel-6kg06tx7ab

59148006f218234783fe03deaa802442.png

e2c381b867e2c51d559bf564d8b138ca.png

Did this work for you? I did the same thing while trying to retrieve a tool that fell under the emergency brake handle. Mine seems to be in two pieces where this one (your link) looks like a single piece. If you have a picture, of what you received, I'd really appreciate it. - Thanks!

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Did this work for you? I did the same thing while trying to retrieve a tool that fell under the emergency brake handle. Mine seems to be in two pieces where this one (your link) looks like a single piece. If you have a picture, of what you received, I'd really appreciate it. - Thanks!
Every get this issue solved? I just went fishing for a lost credit card down there and broke the same plastic tab

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Every get this issue solved? I just went fishing for a lost credit card down there and broke the same plastic tab
Yeah, I took the inexpensive route. Find a small black screw (just about anything but a machine screw), and pre-drill a hole. When you screw it in, the rubber on the bracket forms around it. I actually don't mind how it looks. Here's a picture so that you can decide if this will work for you.

20200412_183704.jpg

Sponsored

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Yeah, I took the inexpensive route. Find a small black screw (just about anything but a machine screw), and pre-drill a hole. When you screw it in, the rubber on the bracket forms around it. I actually don't mind how it looks. Here's a picture so that you can decide if this will work for you.

20200412_183704.jpg
Much appreciated. I do like that look of that. Not to mention I’m sure I’ll have to go digging through there again the next time I drop something down there.

happy Easter

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Much appreciated. I do like that look of that. Not to mention I’m sure I’ll have to go digging through there again the next time I drop something down there.

happy Easter
Just did the same thing. Broke all the tabs. Next time it’s easier to take the 4 side bolts out and lift the console up. Haven’t decided wether to glue it or spend $32

Shub_32

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Runicon
Just did the same thing. Broke all the tabs. Next time it’s easier to take the 4 side bolts out and lift the console up. Haven’t decided wether to glue it or spend $32
Too much to ship it. Jb welding it. I cut part of a dental floss thing and glued it underneath the broken tab. Worked great. Unfortunately I have to glue the 6 other points to the console. So it’s not coming back off

5BFC68FA-92C3-4C89-AB0B-271017076E53.jpeg

7E24DF0C-1C34-411C-AA30-2E80B8CBD3D6.jpeg

King0027

First Name
Morgoth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Limited
From reviewing the parts diagrams and my research - The real rub is that they changed the bezel part 6kG06TX7AA to that two piece whereas the front now is 6kG06TX7AB and now that second piece isnt part of the bezel, its part of the really expensive console 6kG08TX7AD (230 bucks sometimes 150) - if you've got a newer Jeep (mine is 2020)
Im sure it was intentional to put a 10 dollar part as part of a 230 dollar assembly fully knowing everyone will break theirs. what a rip off. the older AA part this supercedes it was together as part of it. my girlfriend dropped her credit card down there and naturally i broke it. looks like ill be screwing it in as well. im going to ask the dealer, but from all the diagrams that piece does not come with 6kG06TX7AB.

Last edited:

King0027

First Name
Morgoth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Limited
The other rub is i guess your not supposed to remove that <expletive> thing. your supposed to remove the whole console. naturally. hence why everyone breaks it, its not supposed to be removed anymore.
Sponsored