Third row seat?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
This is one of the reasons why I hope one day Jeep builds this extended concept. A third row would fit nicely with additional storage.

Jeep-Wrangler-Africa-concept-103.jpg
A
Looks like that could be easily done on the JT wheelbase when it goes into production.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
This is one of the reasons why I hope one day Jeep builds this extended concept. A third row would fit nicely with additional storage.

Jeep-Wrangler-Africa-concept-103.jpg
A
This shouldn't be too hard for them to do using the JT frame. Add a longer tub and you're pretty much done. Maybe it could happen one day...

Wardenā€™s Rule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 2017 JK Freedom Edition
Know itā€™s likely in this thread somewhere, but the correct name of third row seat company WAS Little Passenger Seats. I say WAS because they went out of business last year (2017). I have a single seat from them mounted in our JKU. GREAT PRODUCT! Too bad they went out of biz. Iā€™m considering moving it to JLU, but havenā€™t looked under tub for clearance/access for support brace yet. If thereā€™s room, Iā€™ll move it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Know itā€™s likely in this thread somewhere, but the correct name of third row seat company WAS Little Passenger Seats. I say WAS because they went out of business last year (2017). I have a single seat from them mounted in our JKU. GREAT PRODUCT! Too bad they went out of biz. Iā€™m considering moving it to JLU, but havenā€™t looked under tub for clearance/access for support brace yet. If thereā€™s room, Iā€™ll move it.
Yeah, I'd like to have the single seat for the JLU. At least I still have the little bench for the JK. I can always have it re-covered.

Sponsored

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
This shouldn't be too hard for them to do using the JT frame. Add a longer tub and you're pretty much done. Maybe it could happen one day...
The would sell roughly one gazillion of these.

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
I hit teraflex up about if they were going to do JL brackets like the JK and they said it will be awhile as they are focused on other JL products right now.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to Baertrax a few weeks ago and they said that they were an installer/vendor for Little Passenger Seats until they went out of business. Baertrax said that they are developing their own 3rd row seats now that will soon be available for JK with a JL version to follow. He also offered to be me on a waiting/update list if interested in the JL version so you may want to reach out to them if you are.

https://baertrax.com/little-passenger-seats/

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
Yes, there has been no crash testing, so it is a risk you need to understand before you take it. That said, the Littleseats meet DOT standards and have safety belts with shoulder belts and headrests. It bolts to the Jeep with anchors and grade 8 bolts, so it won't go anywhere. They certainly seem safer than the way I used to ride around as a kid in the third row seat of my Dad's old Chevy wagon with no belts! (Gosh we were lucky to live through childhood in those days!) I also have seen Jeeps rear-ended hard and did not see the cargo area crush, so it doesn't appear to be a crumple zone. That's just my amateur assessment, so don't take my word for any of it. Go at your own risk. I only bought it for the Colorado trip and have rarely used it since. It sits in my garage, as we speak,
I am pretty sure that Little seats is out of business....they made a quality product but I am sure that the near $1000 price tag limited their customer base.

If anyone is interested, I have the deluxe model with integrated seat belts that I would let go for $550.00. Local pick up would be best as shipping is a killer on these because they are so bulky.

I bought it to mount in our FJ40 project....but since it is on year 8 of its build, she outgrew the seat. :0

Doc

IMG_0207_zpsqykzb0jq.jpg

IMG_0208_zpsxjc0qado.jpg

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
yes, it mounts on the mopar roof rack
Don't laugh. I hear this was good enough for Mitt Romney's dog. Albeit I heard the animal was crated, not harmed, and there were no available seats in his vehicle at the time.

Oh, and with a little ingenuity, a cargo cap and a removal of the back window behind the second row seat like people have alluded to, I so see a JT being used for this for maybe even full size seats.

AEV are you listening?

My only issue with Jay's idea that they'll sell boatloads of these is that I can only imagine what they might cost.

Sponsored

gspfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WK1 SRT8, Chevy Trailblazer SS
Vehicle Showcase
Jump seats FTW. Safer than the way back of the old station wagon. Kind of....

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
The TJ 2 door wrangler has/had a GREAT fold and tumble rear seat. If you can find one (maybe from another person or the scrap yard) it would be ideal with a little retro-fitting into the back of any JL wrangler. It might even be fitted into the JL trail rail system by anyone with some welding/fabrication experience. -Just trying to help. :)

--AND, if it's for a short jaunt through the woods, without much hard-core offloading,.....have you researched (google) UTV rear seating? Some of the these are built for large UTVs and can be retro-fitted into just about any jeep. They might just be what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
I also contacted beartrax to inquire about side facing jump seat. Would buy a JK version if I could find it and fabricate mounting as needed.
Sponsored