Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

a 12 gauge would leave one less thief to worry about 🤷‍♂️
Are you planning on babysitting your Jeep 24/7 and never letting it leave your sight?

Carrying that twelve gauge around might make others perceive someone as being strong, but there's also a decent chance that they would be perceived as being afraid of everything.

PLJLUR2021

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, Billet Silver, tow, safety options
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer (ret)
I had the Ravelco installed immediately after getting my JL. The owner of the company named Richard said mine was the first diesel Wrangler that they had done (they had done quite a few Rams which were similar and gave me confidence to go ahead with it.)

The installation was excellent, I am VERY picky about wiring and can spot things that don't "look right." The Ravelco is very well-hidden into the wiring looms, they even use the same factory fabric tapes and soldered all connections, etc. It's undectable especially if a thief is in a hurry.

The Ravelco has worked as intended, once by my own fault forgetting to have the plug engaged, and I did a remote start. The other two times I am guessing were "remote" attemps to defeat the factory unlock/start. In the case of my self start mistake, the CEL came on and the Jeep was on lock down. I plugged the Ravelco back in and the Jeep fired right up, but the Check Engine Light stayed on for 5 more starts. Richard told me that it would not harm the system, and the vehicle has been running flawlessly ever since. A "short cut" would be to disconnect the battery for a minute and the CEL will turn off immediately.

As a side note, during the time that I got the system installed I read a local news story that 106 newer model Jeeps had been stolen in our area because we are so close to the Mexican border. The story claimed that thieves were very organized and had "high tech devices" to defeat the existing Jeep electronics. In one video the thief got right in and drove away, and in another video two thieves looked like they swapped out the ECU in less than 30 seconds. Also apparently there is a market for stolen Jeeps overseas, mainly being shipped in containers to parts of Europe and the Middle East.

Jeep Wrangler JL Theft via Reprogrammer Ravelco_FOB
Sponsored

Last edited: