CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Oh, do shut up. Nobody is going out of their way to vacation in Connecticut. 🙄
CT is actually pretty good to live in, and don't have to worry about car seats being stolen, trains being robbed and tracks covered in garbage, smash and grab crime every day, cities with the worst air quality in the country and roads full of homeless camps. For being one of the states with the highest cost of living you guys get a lot bang for your buck lol

Last edited:

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Hood lock, locking gas cap and steering blocker bar. I have an Hikeit X9 device and with a code, I can block the throttle response if the Jeep gets stolen. If someone wants to steal it, they will, but the more visual trouble you give them, means more time it takes to steal it and they'll most likely move-on to an easier pray.

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Whatever happened to the cable operated hood lock located inside the vehicle?

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Never used on a CJ or a Wrangler, so far as I've seen.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Has never been in a Wrangler and prob never will.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Can that be installed if you have the front camera?
Unfortunately not without relocating the front camera or something. One of the locking latches would probably be your best bet.

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nova, Wrangler 392 XR, TRX Ign Ed, Evora GT
Hood locks, gas cap lock, full Gorilla locking lugs (plus a locking cable on the spare w/ the locking lugs) and a fancy Ravelco Security System. And sometimes, even the good old Club, just because.

Goh001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Buy a BOLT hood lock and be done with it. It is automatically keyed to your fob without a locksmith and takes about 30 minutes to install. It's a better option then the Mopar hood lock and cheaper. All for about $100 shipped.
I'll second that. I had the Bolt Hood Lock on my JT before I sold it. Solid lock, and the lock keys to your OEM key. Make sure you have access to a rivet gun before you start the work.
As for relocating the front camera if you want both the camera and the hood lock, I've searched a bit since I'm considering a new JL with a front camera.
The only thing I could find is the AEV relocation kit - which they say only works with their new JL/JT bumper. A bit pricey ($179). They include HW as well as an extension for the wiper fluid. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/front-camera-relocation-kit/

Anyone with the front camera could probably take a peak and tell fairly quickly if relocating the factory camera is easily done or not. E.g., if the mounting method, length of wiring / hose supports moving it down, say 4 inches.

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'll second that. I had the Bolt Hood Lock on my JT before I sold it. Solid lock, and the lock keys to your OEM key. Make sure you have access to a rivet gun before you start the work.
As for relocating the front camera if you want both the camera and the hood lock, I've searched a bit since I'm considering a new JL with a front camera.
The only thing I could find is the AEV relocation kit - which they say only works with their new JL/JT bumper. A bit pricey ($179). They include HW as well as an extension for the wiper fluid. https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/front-camera-relocation-kit/

Anyone with the front camera could probably take a peak and tell fairly quickly if relocating the factory camera is easily done or not. E.g., if the mounting method, length of wiring / hose supports moving it down, say 4 inches.
I'm pretty sure that the AEV relocation kit just moves the camera forward and not out of the way like would be required for the Bolt. I won't have mine for a month or two, so I can't verify yet.

Goh001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I'm pretty sure that the AEV relocation kit just moves the camera forward and not out of the way like would be required for the Bolt. I won't have mine for a month or two, so I can't verify yet.
I agree. The AEV relocation kit is designed to relocate and secure the OEM camera and washer hose to the AEV bumper bull bar. The scenario where this might work is say, you had some other bull bar where you were willing to experiment / fabricate something for your own (non AEV) bumper.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I agree. The AEV relocation kit is designed to relocate and secure the OEM camera and washer hose to the AEV bumper bull bar. The scenario where this might work is say, you had some other bull bar where you were willing to experiment / fabricate something for your own (non AEV) bumper.
There's a washer for the front camera??? Sweet!

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

There's a washer for the front camera??? Sweet!
Sure is... surprised me the first time I happened upon it. Made me think to read the manual and find out what else I don't know!
Sponsored