Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Help! I’m a new Jeep owner.

Can I put 285/60/R20 ‘s 35” Nitto Terra G2’s on my Sahara without a lift? I wanted to get a 2” lift too but Mechanic advised against it with the lifts could bowing out on so many of these new JL models. Recommended I wait.

Also will I need to reinforce the spare tire holder?

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Bought a base sport with roll up windows/ soft top/ 6 speed Manaul!

It’ll be better than a Rubicon for the same price of one when it’s finished.
Probably go with UD 60’s and a 4 speed atlas.

Update. So I ended up getting a UD 44 and Rubicon t case. I think I said that the total cost is around 46k. That’s everything from
Wheels/ tires to axle work. Only labor I paid for was the gear install in the rear axle so that saved me money. All other work I did in the garage.

788B9C7F-8F57-4F8A-96FA-8FAD349722F4.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
Anyone here who didn't get the Alpine System and regret it? I'm debating on whether its worth it or not. I'm not huge on blasting the music but for those warm summer days without the top, will the standard sound system be enough?

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX

Looks great!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

That's a good looking Jeep. Congratulations.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Anyone here who didn't get the Alpine System and regret it? I'm debating on whether its worth it or not. I'm not huge on blasting the music but for those warm summer days without the top, will the standard sound system be enough?
I have a Sport with the base audio, about 1300 miles so far including a pair of 300+-mile roadtrips with the freedom panels off and all the windows down. No issues hearing the music when cruising, and then even when around 70mph if I crank it to 25ish on the Uconnect volume I can still hear the music.

I'm not an audiophile but I do love and know music. I play multiple instruments, played in a rock band years ago and now I play in some community bands and stuff. The base system isn't going to wow any discerning music lover, but I think it's more than fine for the majority of people. And don't forget, you have a fair amount of control through the Uconnect system to tweak the levels - don't just leave it at factory settings.

I don't know. I think the Alpine system would definitely be louder and fuller, and it seems to have a certain allure for people especially in an enthusiast forum like this, but again, for most of us, standard system is fine and plenty loud.

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
I have a Sport with the base audio, about 1300 miles so far including a pair of 300+-mile roadtrips with the freedom panels off and all the windows down. No issues hearing the music when cruising, and then even when around 70mph if I crank it to 25ish on the Uconnect volume I can still hear the music.

I'm not an audiophile but I do love and know music. I play multiple instruments, played in a rock band years ago and now I play in some community bands and stuff. The base system isn't going to wow any discerning music lover, but I think it's more than fine for the majority of people. And don't forget, you have a fair amount of control through the Uconnect system to tweak the levels - don't just leave it at factory settings.

I don't know. I think the Alpine system would definitely be louder and fuller, and it seems to have a certain allure for people especially in an enthusiast forum like this, but again, for most of us, standard system is fine and plenty loud.

Thanks for your opinion, I never opted for the optional audio system on a car before. Just wanted to make sure

Sponsored

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Count me as a regret vote. I don't normally upgrade my car stereo, but the Alpine vs 7" UConnect is a huge difference. I have already ordered upgraded Kicker speakers for the front and the soundbar, just haven't installed yet.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
But that Rubicon money is no joke lol
For real. I'm sometimes amazed how many people have the money to blow that it takes to buy a new Wrangler and immediately get 37s under it... often solely for looks. Very expensive desires!

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.

That's a beauty. Very excited to get a base 6 speed 2 door myself.

I find it cool they'll still sell stripped out jeeps.

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
For real. I'm sometimes amazed how many people have the money to blow that it takes to buy a new Wrangler and immediately get 37s under it... often solely for looks. Very expensive desires!

Count me as one of them, it’s one of the reason I want to go with a Rubicon. But the more I think about it I may want to end up on 40’s so if the stock Dana 44’s aren’t enough to run the 40’s may just be better off getting the sport s and building it up

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
Count me as a regret vote. I don't normally upgrade my car stereo, but the Alpine vs 7" UConnect is a huge difference. I have already ordered upgraded Kicker speakers for the front and the soundbar, just haven't installed yet.

I guess I’m just going to have to hear both systems and decide then
Sponsored