Sponsored

The Non-Rubicon Jl & JLU Thread

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Count me as one of them, it’s one of the reason I want to go with a Rubicon. But the more I think about it I may want to end up on 40’s so if the stock Dana 44’s aren’t enough to run the 40’s may just be better off getting the sport s and building it up
At that rate you indeed might wanna just go ultimate 60's right off the bat. Stock axles won't have long life with rubber that massive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jhnnymac

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
I assumed the crickets were due to the pointless rudeness and generally dubious need for your post.
What is pointless an dubious is the need for you to elect yoursef as the judge of other people’s post. Come on man you need to have thick skin on this forum, there are plenty of rough posts to go around - not just mine. Based on the valuable responses I have recieved from other non-Rubicon owners it seems I did have a point after all.

OP
OP
jhnnymac

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
:cwl: See, now this kind of criticism I can respect. Yeah man you got me - I was being bitchy. I honestly don’t hate JL Rubicon folks, I just want to reach out to my non-Rubicon bretheren to see what stuff they are doing - it really is hard to filter though the forum for this info.

Thanks everyone for your helpful posts.
:jk::flag:

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
At that rate you indeed might wanna just go ultimate 60's right off the bat. Stock axles won't have long life with rubber that massive.

60’s? So if I wanted to push around some 40” tires and do some light wheeling like trails and maybe some rock crawling I’ll need to go all the way to 60’s?

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
60’s? So if I wanted to push around some 40” tires and do some light wheeling like trails and maybe some rock crawling I’ll need to go all the way to 60’s?
If it were me, wanting shit to last with such huge tires, I would. Gotta pay to play with the big shit. Rubicon 44's are not going to like 40" tires for any kind of long term use..

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
If it were me, wanting shit to last with such huge tires, I would. Gotta pay to play with the big shit. Rubicon 44's are not going to like 40" tires for any kind of long term use..

Oh I was talking about ProRock 44’s but if that isn’t going to be enough than maybe 40” Tires may be too much lol. New to the “Jeep” world and I want it all lol

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I was talking about ProRock 44’s but if that isn’t going to be enough than maybe 40” Tires may be too much lol. New to the “Jeep” world and I want it all lol
Just keep in mind that even a stock Rubicon is one hell of a looker and 4 wheeler, and that a light lift with 35's still looks and performs incredibly, without throwing another ten or fifteen grand at the vehicle. ;)

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
Just keep in mind that even a stock Rubicon is one hell of a looker and 4 wheeler, and that a light lift with 35's still looks and performs incredibly, without throwing another ten or fifteen grand at the vehicle. ;)
At first I was going to go with the Rubicon but tbh I don't see myself doing any hardcore wheeling. This is going to be my first Jeep and i think i got a bit ahead of myself with the 40's and after market axles. I think to start off i will just go with a 2.5" lift and some 35's maybe 37's and go from there.....thanks for all the info, helped put things into perspective

if i do go for 37's i think the easiest and best way will be a combo of stock Rubicon take off suspension to give me a 1.5" & 2.5" spacer lift for a total of 4" of lift.

Sponsored

Wrangler57

First Name
Frederic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
The first thing I thought when I read about the LED headlight option was that this is a must have. Meanwhile I have the impression that the harmonious look of the front ist disturbed by the look of the LED lamps. Apart from that it is less expensive and much better to repair. The JLU looks better with the standard halogen lamps.

What do you think? Can you follow me?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
At first I was going to go with the Rubicon but tbh I don't see myself doing any hardcore wheeling. This is going to be my first Jeep and i think i got a bit ahead of myself with the 40's and after market axles. I think to start off i will just go with a 2.5" lift and some 35's maybe 37's and go from there.....thanks for all the info, helped put things into perspective

if i do go for 37's i think the easiest and best way will be a combo of stock Rubicon take off suspension to give me a 1.5" & 2.5" spacer lift for a total of 4" of lift.
Have you ever ridden in a Jeep with 4" of lift and 37" tires? I am just asking because you are signing up for some pretty significant on-road compromises in my opinion and you may want to consider 35" tires with 2-2.5" lift. That is a pretty good look for someone who is not going off-road much.

SeanPolarBear

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Sport S here

Lift, Wheels, and Tires so far.

Other minor upgrades are front window tint, mopar handles, floor mats, door sill protectors, and debadged the sides (haven't taken pictures since then).

fqG9Me8.jpg

YK4y34N.jpg
I bought almost identical SportS, except for running boards! Love it ! I dont have budget for wheels yet. Your look great

iWantJLU

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord LX
Have you ever ridden in a Jeep with 4" of lift and 37" tires? I am just asking because you are signing up for some pretty significant on-road compromises in my opinion and you may want to consider 35" tires with 2-2.5" lift. That is a pretty good look for someone who is not going off-road much.
No I haven't, I guess I should just wait for my Jeep and go from there lol. :cwl: :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::cwl: