Sponsored

The dreaded JB freeze

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, Z06 Corvette, Fiesta ST, Polaris Slingshot
Moving out of JB is exciting. But after few days you realize you are now stuck in another status and it all starts over. Even when it’s KZ, support seems to be unable to give ETA or even tell you if vehicle is still at the factory or has been shipped. Hang in there.
Checked Jeep Chat tonight, it has moved to KZ S status.
Sponsored

HighDeaf1080p

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2dr Sting Gray
I'm in JB jail with all you fine folks! Woot!

Date ordered: 07/14/2018
Current Status: JB
D1 status date: 07/20/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 08/02/18 12:04:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/02/18 07:24:00 AM TOLEDO - OTTAWA VDC

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
42 days in JB for me. I must be screwing up their 2 week average time...

tnjrb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JL Rubi
I just entered JB today. Order was placed on 7/18...been in D1 til today. I was able to pull my build sheet down.

So give me some insight...how long should I expect to be here. I ordered a 2dr Punk'n Rubi with LEDs/matching hard top/virtually all the options except NO turbo

Sponsored

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I just entered JB today. Order was placed on 7/18...been in D1 til today. I was able to pull my build sheet down.

So give me some insight...how long should I expect to be here. I ordered a 2dr Punk'n Rubi with LEDs/matching hard top/virtually all the options except NO turbo
From what it looks like if you ordered next to no options you will get it sooner. Load it up and you are looking at 40+ days

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I wish there was someone that could tell us all what is actually being done at the body vendor. Dealer had no clue. I've heard speculation that it's hardtop headliners, or soft tops, or Rubicon hood decals, or LED lights, but doesn't seem to make sense why some are a few days, some a few weeks, and some in months.

Once you finally get your Jeeps you will feel better, but it definitely sucks being stuck in these limbo statuses. Hang in there!

HighDeaf1080p

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep%20Plant.jpg

So looking at the jeep plant on Google Maps, I can see two holding yards...one on the west side of Stickney Ave, and one on the east side by the plant. I am assuming since the one on the west is along the Ottawa river, that one is referred to as the Ottawa VDC, and the one on the other side of Stickney is the Stickney VDC? Does anyone familiar with the plant know this for sure?

Then you can see how conveniently the railyard for loading cars onto trains is, located just on the east side of the plant.

So I assume when a unit goes to the body vendor (JB) like mine, and says Ottawa VDC...it goes to the Ottawa lot. Do the vehicles then get loaded onto trucks from that lot and hauled to the vendor to install parts and pieces? you can see the diagonal truck loading lanes down at the south end of the Ottawa lot, and the south end of the Stickney lot as well.

I feel like a stalker, spying on my Jeep to this extent.

Sgkdhk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Lexus
I ordered a JLU Rubicon (Sting Grey) on June 22nd and all was moving pretty well until Inwent into JB status. It has now been sitting for 16 days and no movement or why the delay. I ordered every option except smoker package, recovery kit, and automatic door un-lock. Called Jeep last night and they said after 45 days in JB I can call back and have my Jeep status elevated so a production team would look into the delay. I assume they are short supplied on certain accessories and waiting in more to arrive. Very frustrating and really taking my excitement out of ordering the JLU. At this rate orders will be taken for the 2019 model before I even get the 2018 version.

TonkaToy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ and 2018 Jeep JL (both yellow 2 door Sport)
I'm in JB jail with all you fine folks! Woot!

Date ordered: 07/14/2018
Current Status: JB
D1 status date: 07/20/2018
Estimated delivery: TBD
Built pending inspection: 08/02/18 12:04:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 08/02/18 07:24:00 AM TOLEDO - OTTAWA VDC
You shouln't complain. haha. Look how quickly yours was built. Mine still isn't even built.

Sponsored

HighDeaf1080p

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, definitely not complaining here! If it gets here after August 16, I'll have a Tread Lightly control number so I can ask for 1% below invoice. If it gets here sooner, I'll pay a little more at the price I already negotiated but will get my jeep sooner, so its a win-win however long it takes.

lorlik

First Name
Leonid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (Sold), 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR White
Got a call from dealer today that it's coming today. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow.
Here's the complete journey:

Order Date: 06/20/2018
D1
(gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned, Approx time in station – 12 days) - 06/22
G (trim) - 07/05
Build sheet via cryptostickers - 07/06
I (unit built, pending final inspection) - 07/06
JB (shipped to body vendor) - 07/09
KZ ( released by plant and invoiced) - 07/30
Sticker via cryptostickers - 07/31
Call from dealer "jeep arriving today"
- 8/6

47 days total

Sgkdhk

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2017 Lexus
I ordered my Rubicon back on June 22nd. On August 6th it came out of JB status and went to KZ shipping status. Called Jeep and they said it will ship by train to Tennessee arriving August 22nd (3weeks) but no projected date of delivery in Jackson,MS.
Sponsored