2018 JLU Rubicon
Wow it flew through JB and into kz today
Sponsored

Jlnew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
After a long time in the JB soft top freeze, my JLUR was delivered yesterday. In the back it had the huge soft top box.

What I found interesting

1. The Rubi came equipped with the Hard Top Headliner, a $525 optional package I did NOT order.
    upload_2018-4-7_20-32-35.png

While I think there is no way it is worth the $525, I gladly take it at no charge ;)

2. I saw in some images that some of the JLUs have "gap covers" that slide down when the back seats are lowered. Am I wrong?
    In any case, my vehicle did not come with those, maybe because of the huge soft top box?
Today is a big day for me, 2 months of JB! I found out from our secret friend inside the plant that my Jeep has been lacking the headliner this whole time. Most likely the one Desert Runner stole. So for those stuck in JB, know it is most likely due to premium soft top (even if you only got a hard top), LED lights (even though they are installed on the line), and headliners (even though they give them away for free).:)

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Today is a big day for me, 2 months of JB! I found out from our secret friend inside the plant that my Jeep has been lacking the headliner this whole time. Most likely the one Desert Runner stole. So for those stuck in JB, know it is most likely due to premium soft top (even if you only got a hard top), LED lights (even though they are installed on the line), and headliners (even though they give them away for free).:)
Haha, sorry about that!
Maybe you can cancel the headliner and accelerate your delivery that way. IMHO $500 is a rip-off for those couple of velcro'ed-in panels.

Last edited:

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited 2014 and Rubicon JL Unlimited 2018
Been stuck in JB for a week which in itself isn't that odd from what I am reading here but I still have an estimated ship date of 4/11 (7 days ago). anyone in the same boat or have insights?

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Been stuck in JB for a week which in itself isn't that odd from what I am reading here but I still have an estimated ship date of 4/11 (7 days ago). anyone in the same boat or have insights?
Well, if I remember correctly, I was in JB for 22 or 26 days :cwl: with no ETA. So, from my perspective, it’s a good sign you have an ETA.

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Day 1 in JB. Let's hope this is a quick stop.

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
26 days???? It's only been a week and I'm dying already. Guess I better buckle in.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
26 days???? It's only been a week and I'm dying already. Guess I better buckle in.
Be thankful.. I was only in the JB freeze for about 25 days... now I am in the KZ depths of HELL for the last 6 weeks. Jeep was built mid-February and I am still waiting. I was hoping to get it by my Birthday in late March, now I am just hoping I get it before I turn 41. :headbang:

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Be thankful.. I was only in the JB freeze for about 25 days... now I am in the KZ depths of HELL for the last 6 weeks. Jeep was built mid-February and I am still waiting. I was hoping to get it by my Birthday in late March, now I am just hoping I get it before I turn 41. :headbang:
Ditto, Jeep built mid(?) Feb, still sitting in KZ...Marion OH. Dealer just confirmed they have an arrival date of 4.28. That's after JeepChat 1.5 weeks ago confirmed "it will be there within the week", followed 5 days later with "it will be there within days".

Time to head back to the humor forum or take another break :)

Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto, Jeep built mid(?) Feb, still sitting in KZ...Marion OH. Dealer just confirmed they have an arrival date of 4.28. That's after JeepChat 1.5 weeks ago confirmed "it will be there within the week", followed 5 days later with "it will be there within days".

Time to head back to the humor forum or take another break :)
LOL- at least they are giving you information- Mine has been "it's on its way and should be there within a couple days" for the last 4 weeks. And when I point out that they have told me the same thing for the last 4 weeks, and the Jeep was suppose to get here at the beginning of March they just tell me to contact my dealer. Or they tell me they seeing it moving... and then I tell them it has not moved from the Willow Lake Michigan location since it has gotten there March 9th... and they say "yes that is what we see too".. so how is it on its way if it has not moved in 6 weeks!? I have DM @JeepCares about it and had them escalate it, I have had people on Jeep's FB message me and they have escalated it... no one seems to want to give me a straight answer. The idea of my Jeep sitting out in the Ohio/Michigan winter instead of in my climate control garage is infuriating. Especially when you see people who order their Jeeps after mine was built getting theirs delivered.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
^Yeah, I have better weeks than others...the last one I've been distracted with happenings, so when I've been juggling my trade, plates expire, CEL pops, etc...start to remember I'm STILL waiting.

Need a little help pushing that back in my mind again :)

EDIT: kicker was last week when I did the usual check, they asked if they could call me back because they wanted to look into something. So they CALLED ME to tell me it was on its way.

LOL, great build up!

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
4 days in JB. Was told there are no known delays, but who knows. It gets here when it gets here. Tracking is way worse than just getting a call and waiting for the call. I don’t know why I torture myself.

techie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am seeing more and more people show up in JB. I was told by jeep chat (haha) that after 14 days they would escalate and they are waiting on a part but their system doesn't say which one. today is day 14 so will give them a call and endure the torture. longest i have heard is 26 days on JB so i guess that is where I hope this would max out

Jlnew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX56
I am seeing more and more people show up in JB. I was told by jeep chat (haha) that after 14 days they would escalate and they are waiting on a part but their system doesn't say which one. today is day 14 so will give them a call and endure the torture. longest i have heard is 26 days on JB so i guess that is where I hope this would max out
Some of us stayed in JB longer, I just went to KZ after 60 days in JB. It seems like going to Taylor Michigan for JB storage is a potential trap, because even if your missing part becomes available they may not be able to get your Jeep back to Toledo. After 30 days I would recommend reaching out to JeepCares and your dealer, I wish I had done it sooner. Good Luck!
Sponsored