Sponsored

The dealership ordered the wrong Jeep!!???!

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Positive. Here's one with the package you ordered:
https://www.academyjeep.com/auto/new-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-tipton-in/55343411/

And here’s a few pictures of mine:
46C3B76E-065A-4192-92E7-9752409C8314.jpeg
7C0CC2AD-68EB-434B-BE39-E3B1E2F69972.jpeg
7F0E2B91-423E-46CE-BAEB-D4E766646EBD.jpeg

Note the armrest, doors and console. The dash also has vinyl trim and red stitching that isn't on the one I linked. A nice little bonus is that the backseat cup holders are very accessible from the front seat, with the seats folded down.

Would've been serious buyer's remorse for me if I'd found out I didn't have that after buying, so I wanted to make sure you were aware.
What is different about the door panels between the leather, and the stitched leather? And the stitched leather does NOT included the rear seat fold down arm rest with cup holders? If those are both true I am glad I didn’t go for the perforated leather, assuming that is the case for perf’ed leather too.
Sponsored

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
What is different about the door panels between the leather, and the stitched leather? And the stitched leather does NOT included the rear seat fold down arm rest with cup holders? If those are both true I am glad I didn’t go for the perforated leather, assuming that is the case for perf’ed leather too.
Factory leather (either color with the Rubicon logo) adds the red-stitched plush vinyl on the doors, console armrest, and dashboard, as well as the backseat armrest and the flaps to hide the gap behind the back seat. I believe this also adds the LED in the console bin, but don't quote me on that. Stitched and perforated leather are both the same as the cloth interior in every regard but the seats, so you don't get any of the above.

They are 0% clear about any of this through the ordering process, and I find it a little ridiculous that the options cost virtually the same... but I also find it ridiculous that LED headlights are still a paid option in the 4th model year of the JL, while the Cherokee has had them standard since 2019, and now I digress.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
If it makes you feel any better, this happened to me also. Not the complete wrong trim, but they ordered the wrong color leather. Then to top it off, there was a price increase on the 4xe model so instead of offering me any sort of money off my choices were take delivery with a color I didn’t want or order what I did the first time for $2k MORE than my original order.

I reordered from a different dealership, and am still about 6-8 weeks out from delivery plus it’s 750 miles away. My original order was 3/26. I was beyond pissed at first, now I’m fine. we want what we want and I’ll never take for granted how lucky I am to afford it!

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Good news is.... Wait a few weeks and order a 2022. Be a year newer than your sisters old beater. Plus might be some sweet new option for 22. Kind of kidding but not. So close to the 22 orders, might as well wait. Don't get me wrongs. Sucks bad. I hate it for you. Wait and wait and then you see it and.... That's not my rig, that's not a Rubicon. I get it. Just trying to make some lemonade :) Maybe not a bad deal. Oh ya. make sure they honor your 2021 price on the 2022.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Good news is.... Wait a few weeks and order a 2022. Be a year newer than your sisters old beater. Plus might be some sweet new option for 22. Kind of kidding but not. So close to the 22 orders, might as well wait. Don't get me wrongs. Sucks bad. I hate it for you. Wait and wait and then you see it and.... That's not my rig, that's not a Rubicon. I get it. Just trying to make some lemonade :) Maybe not a bad deal. Oh ya. make sure they honor your 2021 price on the 2022.
Yup they are gonna honor the price thankfully, and yeah I wish I could wait for the 22 but I leave town and move pretty far away later this summer and wouldn’t have it for now :/

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Huh...?

—PS: I had to double check this post wasn’t 2 years old.
Some out there still giving it. Ordered mine 5/15/21. MSRP $58k, out the door, right at $50k. I'd have to do the math on invoice price. That's around 14% off MSRP, pretty close to 7% invoice. 'Might not be today but was 12 days ago.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yup they are gonna honor the price thankfully, and yeah I wish I could wait for the 22 but I leave town and move pretty far away later this summer and wouldn’t have it for now :/
Def a blast in the Summer. Sorry dude. Hang in there. The Rubicons are moving pretty fast.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Of all the possible errors that dealer could have made, ordering a High Altitude was the dumbest. It is going to take them forever to get rid of it.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Wait you’re in college and got to order your very own spec $60k rubicon and your upset that you have to wait another 4 weeks?

What the Hell? You waited voluntarily 2 weeks after yours came in, to begin with. No pictures or sticker to prove it was your correct order? That’s on you!

I waited 3 months for my new truck. I’m 11 months into my wait for the new Bronco.

We won’t even speak of the mothers that leave their children for 3-5 years to take jobs just so they can put food on the table.

Time to grow up. You’re in college now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Wait you’re in college and got to order your very own spec $60k rubicon and your upset that you have to wait another 4 weeks?

What the Hell? You waited voluntarily 2 weeks after yours came in, to begin with. No pictures or sticker to prove it was your correct order? That’s on you!

I waited 3 months for my new truck. I’m 11 months into my wait for the new Bronco.

We won’t even speak of the mothers that leave their children for 3-5 years to take jobs just so they can put food on the table.

Time to grow up. You’re in college now.
How is this on me?? I sat down with the dealer and spec’d my Jeep out and he printed the sheet with the whole spec list and put the order in and we signed the papers… the Jeep came to the dealership with my name on the factory sticker, but it was a completely wrong model and specs… I didn’t voluntarily wait 2 weeks, I was still at school in another state till the other day when I came to pick up the 2 Jeeps, which the other one came in a day before I got home so we picked them up together as the logical option…. And I’ve graduated from college now, why the hell are we bringing up poor mothers? That has nothing to do with me, I get that I’m “privileged” but I wasn’t just givin $60k to buy a car… I have been investing since I was 14 and made plenty of money to buy me a new car and more, anyone can do what I did… not my fault they don’t.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I am surprised they did not just find one at another dealership with the same or more options than what you ordered. Seems like a quicker and easier way to get it.

OP
OP
Cjanak21

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I am surprised they did not just find one at another dealership with the same or more options than what you ordered. Seems like a quicker and easier way to get it.
Yes me too… I think the problem was that I had almost all the options minus 2 or 3 and I don’t want a used Jeep, I want a brand new one with sub 50 miles on the dash

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Vehicle inventories being tight as they are, dealers are not trading vehicles right now.

If you find a suitable Rubicon at another dealer, you will have to go get it yourself.
Sponsored