Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I make the pilgrimage every year for the week of Thanksgiving, showing up Saturday night and leaving out Friday morning. I've got my mother and step father flying in from Florida to come hang out with us this year, as we will finally have the room with the unlimited. Is anyone else going to be out that way, and do you want to run some trails? I'll likely be sticking to "relatively easy trails" as it will be a new rig, carrying a lot of extra weight, and possibly a dusting of snow depending on weather. (Not to mention, a guaranteed to be screaming mother in the back seat). Fins-n-Things, Hells Revenge, Schafer Trail, Long Canyon, Elephant Hill, Poison spider and similar. I'll be chasing BOH trails as well, since I'm in a new rig.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
We go every year for Thanksgiving as well. My son turns 16 in early November and wanted to take his Jeep to Moab this year, certainly can't say no to that request :like:

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We go every year for Thanksgiving as well. My son turns 16 in early November and wanted to take his Jeep to Moab this year, certainly can't say no to that request :like:
Definitely be in touch if you make it out there this year. And how awesome is it to pass the hobby on to the next generation. I hope this works out!

Also, you don't happen to stay at the La Quinta do you?

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Definitely be in touch if you make it out there this year. And how awesome is it to pass the hobby on to the next generation. I hope this works out!

Also, you don't happen to stay at the La Quinta do you?
We always stay at a VRBO over by the golf course, works out great for us because we usually have at least one other family with us and sharing a house just makes the social time so much more enjoyable as compared to separate hotel rooms.

This was my boy back in 2013, at ripe old age of eight, hooking up winch rope to the anchor for my buddy to climb out of Pritchett Canyon. My old XJ is in the background... He is super excited to now be taking his own XJ to the hallowed red rocks after riding around with me all these years!

Jeep Wrangler JL Thanksgiving in Moab? GEDC3050.JPG

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We always stay at a VRBO over by the golf course, works out great for us because we usually have at least one other family with us and sharing a house just makes the social time so much more enjoyable as compared to separate hotel rooms.

This was my boy back in 2013, at ripe old age of eight, hooking up winch rope to the anchor for my buddy to climb out of Pritchett Canyon. My old XJ is in the background... He is super excited to now be taking his own XJ to the hallowed red rocks after riding around with me all these years!

Jeep Wrangler JL Thanksgiving in Moab? GEDC3050.JPG
Man, how cool is that. I have very fond memories of hanging out with my uncle when I was ~13 years old. He had a CJ-8 and we took a few trips with guys that he knew from Internet Jeep forums. It was such a cool experience. I'm sure your son will look back on Pritchett Canyon the same way. Definitely a cool thing to do with his "old man". I had to ask about La Quinta, as there is a similar looking Jeep that comes up with a grey JLUR and a red JKUR every November, I was wondering if we had crossed paths before.

Sponsored

rjive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I likely won't be able to make it, but curious about what it's like in the town during this time of year? Snow often on the ground? Town empty or crowded? This sounds like a great new tradition for our family!

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I likely won't be able to make it, but curious about what it's like in the town during this time of year? Snow often on the ground? Town empty or crowded? This sounds like a great new tradition for our family!
It can snow, and there’s usually a little on the ground in areas. We’ve had to bail out early before due to a big storm that would cut off our route home. There’s far fewer people than when we go in July. You can have a trail to yourself if you want to, but there’s still enough people that you can was easily group up with others for the week if you want

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just bumping this back to the front page to see if anyone is planning on being in Moab next week. I'll be around, would love to hit some trails or just grab a beer with some of you guys

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Just bumping this back to the front page to see if anyone is planning on being in Moab next week. I'll be around, would love to hit some trails or just grab a beer with some of you guys
We are rolling out Saturday morning!

Jeep Wrangler JL Thanksgiving in Moab? IMG_3037.JPG

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be heading there with two other Jeepers for thanksgiving. We’re arriving Thursday from AZ and staying to Sunday

OP
OP
Jeepeto

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’ll be heading there with two other Jeepers for thanksgiving. We’re arriving Thursday from AZ and staying to Sunday
Awesome! Hit me up when you get in town if you want company. Were arriving this Saturday and staying until Friday morning. If you make it in early enough Thursday we could meet up for a trail, or a beer.
Sponsored