Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Hi all.

So had the Teraflex ST2 2-1/2 kit installed and my Jeep leans to the passenger side in both front and back. The driver side is about 1" higher in both front and back.

I purchased the front and rear 1/2" spacer kit and want to install on the passenger side only. My main question is can I drop just the passenger side of the axle and remove the springs to put the spacers in or will I need to remove both sides to get the passenger springs out?

My second question is these spacers look like they can be stacked to make up a full inch if needed. Should I just do the 1/2" in hopes that the shifting weight, if you will, will bring the driver side down 1/2"and level it out?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Hi all.

So had the Teraflex ST2 2-1/2 kit installed and my Jeep leans to the passenger side in both front and back. The driver side is about 1" higher in both front and back.

I purchased the front and rear 1/2" spacer kit and want to install on the passenger side only. My main question is can I drop just the passenger side of the axle and remove the springs to put the spacers in or will I need to remove both sides to get the passenger springs out?

My second question is these spacers look like they can be stacked to make up a full inch if needed. Should I just do the 1/2" in hopes that the shifting weight, if you will, will bring the driver side down 1/2"and level it out?

Thanks
https://teraflex.com/faq

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Torque lean twists the vehicle to the right, and raises the nose. So at the very least I'd do the full 1" in the right rear. The right front is up to you

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Torque lean most evident at track launches. Over the years this will fatigue the right springs on many vehicles, even just casual daily drivers

tech-ma00-bracket-10.jpg

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
All of our Jeeps lean like that, and I've heard of very few forum members who've addressed it. These folks, while not awash in cash, certainly can find money for projects that intrigue them. And...they are always on the look-out for the next, good project. So...you have to ask yourself why there isn't a mad rush to make this mod.

Put your ruler away and enjoy your Jeep, it's fine. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry couldn’t leave it alone I tried. OCD is a MF. For the ones of you that want to fix it.... I use rear RK coil perches, the passenger side is 1/2” higher, in the front a 1/2” teraflex spacer. Works perfectly, no problem, I wheel the shit of my rig, absolutely no issues.

For the ones that it doesn’t bother, I’d like to walk in your world even if it was just for a day.......:)

OP
OP

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
All of our Jeeps lean like that, and I've heard of very few forum members who've addressed it. These are folks, while not awash in cash, certainly can find money for projects that intrigue them. And...they are always on the look-out for the next, good project. So...you have to ask yourself why there isn't a mad rush to make this mod.

Put your ruler away and enjoy your Jeep, it's fine. :)
I notice it when driving and it is noticeable to the eye. It actually hurts my back lol.
I measured from frame to floor and it is a full inch off.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm selectively OCD. On my previous two Jeeps I ran the AEV tire carrier and, for some reason, the off-center spare didn't bother me. I still scratch my head as to why not.

ad1.JPG

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm selectively OCD. On my previous two Jeeps I ran the AEV tire carrier and, for some reason, the off-center spare didn't bother me. I still scratch my head as to why not.

ad1.JPG
Dude.......why would you show me that :whatsgoingon:
......:facepalm:.........is that for real ? .......:)

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all.

Thanks
I think the teraflex coils are side specific, the passenger side should be 1/2”’ longer are you sure they’re installed correctly?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I think the teraflex coils are side specific, the passenger side should be 1/2”’ longer are you sure they’re installed correctly?
yes according to the numbers on them.

OP
OP

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Ok so back to this. What would be the harm if I used the Teraflex spacers to fix my lean? What are the negatives? I cannot think of any reason not to try it.

Thanks

OP
OP

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Torque lean most evident at track launches. Over the years this will fatigue the right springs on many vehicles, even just casual daily drivers

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex lean / spacer question ad1.JPG
Not when standing still on level ground. That is my issue.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Not when standing still on level ground. That is my issue.
Nothing. I just did the Dynatrac lift on mine and it was low on the passenger side. The front was lower from the weight of the winch also. I ended up with 3/4” spacers in the front to compensate for the winch weight, and then 1/2” spacers on the front and rear for the lean.