Sponsored

Tazer/TPMS Question...

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I think this was exactly my issue. You have to make the system happy before marrying the Tazer. I had to unmarry and air up to 37 psi and have discount tire reset my system. Then I was able to air down and set my own threshold. Seems to be working great now.
Nevermind. Damn light is back on.
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I run my 35 HANKOOKS at 30psi and DON'T USE TPMS--

NO ISSUES

W.E.

JIMBO

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I run my 37s at 28lbs with my tpms set to 20lbs without any issues.
I believe the JL is hard coded at 25 so even though you have your set to 20 once it gets to 24 you will get a warning message, I cannot remember where I read this from though

Sponsored

OP
OP
ebelp

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
In order for the Tazer to work correctly with TPMS I believe you will have to get the system working correctly as in no alarms or lights and once that is acomplished you can then lower the TPMS threshold thru the Tazer and then lower the pressure on the tires

When I had my Tazer running I could not get the light to go out regardless of the pressure setting it was not until I had it working correctly and then I made my adjustments thru the Tazer and all worked as it should
Yep, same issue for me. Turns out my Rubi hated the 3rd party sensors that DTD sent me, so the warning light would never go off. Once I got Mopar sensors in there with no warning lights, I set the TPMS thresholds and haven't had an issue since. However, I haven't aired down below my set threshold, but I have no doubt the warning light will stay off. :like:

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
I think this was exactly my issue. You have to make the system happy before marrying the Tazer. I had to unmarry and air up to 37 psi and have discount tire reset my system. Then I was able to air down and set my own threshold. Seems to be working great now.
So your saying unmarry tazer mini and air up stock 37 psi and down to let say 30 tire pressure and what is tpms warning psi? Also when you unmarry tazer mini did you take this out unplug? Also do you have aftermarket tires and what size is your tires?

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6
Since this is both a tire and electronics related question, I wanted to put it in this forum versus one of the others....

So I a week ago I put 37's on my JL, and running 31-32 psi (since that's what most people say the sweet spot is for the STT Pros). Running 31-32 has set off the TPMS light and highlights some of the tires in red and asks me to "inflate to 37 psi" when I'm on the TPMS info screen.

Fast forward to yesterday, received my Tazer Mini, married it and set the front/rear TPMS limits to 20 psi, with the intent of getting rid of all the warning lights/messages. After doing that, the red-highlighted tires and "inflate to 37 psi" messages went away, but the TPMS warning light still blinks. I tried increasing the TPMS limits to 25...then 32 (where the tires are actually at), but the TPMS warning light never goes away. The only way (with the Tazer) to get rid of the warning light was to turn TPMS completely off, which I don't want to do since it removes the TPMS info from the Info screen and you can't monitor your tires at all.

Plot twist...so I unmarry the Tazer, and inflate all 4 tires to 37 psi to se what happens. I STILL have the damn blinking TPMS warning light. Now I'm thinking there's something going on between the TPMS sensors and the Jeep. My TPMS sensors were bought through Discount Tire Direct with my wheel/tire package. I assume they're not OEM, but they are sending the correct psi readings to the vehicle, so the fact that they are 3rd party sensors wouldn't cause this, would it?

Can anyone think of a reason the TPMS warning light would get set off even if your tires are inflated to proper psi levels?
So how did you fix the problem?

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Yep, same issue for me. Turns out my Rubi hated the 3rd party sensors that DTD sent me, so the warning light would never go off. Once I got Mopar sensors in there with no warning lights, I set the TPMS thresholds and haven't had an issue since. However, I haven't aired down below my set threshold, but I have no doubt the warning light will stay off. :like:
when I ordered my tires/wheels/tpms from Discount, I chose to wait an extra couple weeks until they got the Schrader 20398 sensors (factory OEM). I just got my limits set yesterday with Jscan (along with adjusting my tire size), so am on my way out in a few to drop the pressure and see how things work out. for some reason, I've ALWAYS been leery of aftermarket sensors, and this is one of the reasons why.
had oem sensors put in my daughter's '21 Sport S (upgraded generation with TFA), and she has yet to have any issues with them (even gave her a heads up when she had a slow leak due to a small nail)
if you can wait, make sure to specify the 20398 Schrader for pre '21 or the Schrader 29117 for '21 (basically the only difference between the 2 is that the 117 incorporates the "Tire fill alert" feature.
@Goin2drt can help you locate the proper sensors

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
when I ordered my tires/wheels/tpms from Discount, I chose to wait an extra couple weeks until they got the Schrader 20398 sensors (factory OEM). I just got my limits set yesterday with Jscan (along with adjusting my tire size), so am on my way out in a few to drop the pressure and see how things work out. for some reason, I've ALWAYS been leery of aftermarket sensors, and this is one of the reasons why.
had oem sensors put in my daughter's '21 Sport S (upgraded generation with TFA), and she has yet to have any issues with them (even gave her a heads up when she had a slow leak due to a small nail)
if you can wait, make sure to specify the 20398 Schrader for pre '21 or the Schrader 29117 for '21 (basically the only difference between the 2 is that the 117 incorporates the "Tire fill alert" feature.
@Goin2drt can help you locate the proper sensors
PM me. We have only a couple sets left. 29093’s are the replacement for 29117. 20308’s will work as normal but you just won’t have TFA.

Just so you all know all Schrader OE sensors are on National back order as there is apparently an issue with semi conductors. April they are saying so get when you can or make sure you take out the ones from your factory wheels.
Sponsored