SaltyWet

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
@SaltyWet

No, no need to unmarry the TazerJL or remove the Tazer JL itself when doing what you say you want to do.

Leave the Tazer JL installed and use it as the necessary SGW bypass module you need when using your ODDll Bluetooth Scanner and JSCAN.
Got it, thanks!
Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
FWIW I have the Tazer Mini I am not thrilled with it. The unit itself is OK but the instructions and complexity of actually using it SUCKS! I am looking to type up a flow chart of the functions so that I can at least find them within the menu

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Got it, thanks!
@SaltyWet

I added to the post as you were reading it. I added that if you felt more comfortable doing so, you could unmarry the Tazer JL.... No need to though..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
FWIW I have the Tazer Mini I am not thrilled with it. The unit itself is OK but the instructions and complexity of actually using it SUCKS! I am looking to type up a flow chart of the functions so that I can at find them within the menu
@rkwfxd

I have been used a Tazer JL since it hit the market. I also am a JSCAN user..

While the Tazer JL instructions could be better.... say go into more depth... I do believe they are not bad at all.

Yes, sometimes the Tazer JL instructions are lacking a bit .

Anyway, with the Tazer JL instructions as they are and with the hand holding Joe offers if you reach out to him and ask for such.... well, the Tazer JL owner should be able to do the deed so to speak..

I might add that a guy/gal using any programmer on a vehicle should really do his/her homework before programming. Reading instructions, forum research, asking questions before hand is paramount.

Sure glad you did not say that JSCAN has better instructions then the Tazer JL or better hand holding because, I'd have to HaHa you...

Anyway, you have the right idea doing up a flow sheet.... notes for yourself.. Also, record /write down on paper your settings... how you did them. I have done this for 3+ yrs..

Maverickxeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 TJ Sport
I know this is an old topic - but I was hoping I could ask a few questions here rather than make a new topic.

I picked up a JSCAN setup (bypass, etc). I changed a few settings (fogs on with highbeams, and lowered TPMS down to 30PSI front and rear). After I made the changes, I removed the bypass cable and plugged the plugs back into the factory 'locations.'

Is there ANY chance at all that with this done, my warranty could be void? Should I reset those settings prior to taking it in for any warranty work (should it be needed)? What about for oil services? Basically - if the dealership wanted to, could they 'find' that I changed things?

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys