Tazer JL & AutoPark delete

dke1955

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU 4 door
Just texted ZAutomotive to ask if the AutoPark delete function is avail. on all 3 versions of the Tazer JL. Their reply stated:"Available on none. FCA patched it so it can't be defeated by any tool". My question is does anyone have any experience with this function on the Tazer JL. Deleting that HUGELY annoying autopark function was one of the main reasons I was looking at the Tazer. I would appreciate any comments from those that have had success with deleting autopark..
Be Safe
See ya
dave
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
That actually kinda pisses me off. FCA is literally battling tuners who are trying to disable dumb fucking nanny features.

How about fix my steering FCA?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Don’t know how to delete it, but in certain scenarios auto park can be bypassed by fastening the seatbelt behind you, using a tab you can buy to insert into the seatbelt so that it thinks it’s fastened, or by lightly riding the brakes with your left foot.

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Just trying to figure out this Autopark. So if you leave your Jeep running in park it will shut off? How long before it shuts off?
New Jeep owner.
Thanks
Corey

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just trying to figure out this Autopark. So if you leave your Jeep running in park it will shut off? How long before it shuts off?
New Jeep owner.
Thanks
Corey
No, auto park places vehicle into park with a jolt, if you open the door when in drive. It will run 10 -15 minutes if you do a remote start and don’t hit the run button, otherwise it will run in park until it runs out of gas.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only time auto park really bothers me is when opening gates, or backing up and want to look back out the door. The workarounds I mentioned above work for that.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
That actually kinda pisses me off. FCA is literally battling tuners who are trying to disable dumb fucking nanny features.

Especially on a vehicle they know will be modded more than any other vehicle they sell. If it's not a federal mandate why even bother and even then, it should be the least of their worries. I guess after the whole fiasco with people getting run over with Grand Cherokees their lawyers and bean counters are getting their way.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dke1955

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU 4 door
Yep saw the auto park delete on youTube and now what has me wondering now is if the newer jeeps have the JCA patch OR if your jeep (like mine) is an '18 you should NOT have the patch.....I would think you wouldn't.....right?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR

I'm pretty sure the Autopark feature is a direct result a Hollywood Celeb (russian guy from the new star trek movies) was ran over and killed by his Grand Cherokee wasn't in park when he jumped out.

It sucks I agree, but why wouldn't FCA try and protect themselves by creating such firewalls?
People can't take ownership for their own doing when they get hurt and decide to sue a company because they purposely misused or disabled a feature.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Don’t know how to delete it, but in certain scenarios auto park can be bypassed by fastening the seatbelt behind you, using a tab you can buy to insert into the seatbelt so that it thinks it’s fastened, or by lightly riding the brakes with your left foot.
Thanks @BillG, I learned the brake technique from another post you made in the past. This is the best solution for me when I want to disable AutoPark.

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Thanks @BillG, I learned the brake technique from another post you made in the past. This is the best solution for me when I want to disable AutoPark.
I wonder if a momentary push button switch could be wired across the brake light switch, such that you could hold it depressed when backing up with the door open?
Sponsored