Tailgate Table

tzinsli

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've wondered if that thing would rattle back there on the bumpy roads.
Sponsored

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
$190 for that wow! It is neat but damn.

jpalazz2

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, Honda CB500x
I've got another kind of tailgating table I've been using that will fit any car. (I don't have my jeep yet so you'll have to forgive the photo of my EV!)

edit: Not sure if the image is working so here's the link https://imgur.com/a/ErOZv
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Table {filename}

Eman422

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Overland, Wrangler Jk
This may sound like a dumb question, but how in the world do you feed the straps on the tool kit through the grates on the rear door?

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
This may sound like a dumb question, but how in the world do you feed the straps on the tool kit through the grates on the rear door?

Not a stupid question at all....I don't think the engineers thought that one through. I'm guessing that the rear panel will have to come off to do so.

I'll let you know when my JLUR comes in. I'll be working quite a bit in that area designing Springtail Solutions products for that area.

Doc.

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
If anyone is curious about what's behind the plastic panel on the JLU/JL tailgate....

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak

Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Mopar Tailgate Table today... Relatively easy install. Hardest part was finding a 13mm drill bit. Had to drill 4 holes but they were clearly marked on the backside of the trim panel.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215416ab.html

Just did the same thing yesterday...I just used a 1/2" bit and it all worked out great. One thing I did is I got a piece of foam from work, approximately the same size as the table and put it in there when it's closed...no rattle at all with the foam. It's a really nice table...

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just did the same thing yesterday...I just used a 1/2" bit and it all worked out great. One thing I did is I got a piece of foam from work, approximately the same size as the table and put it in there when it's closed...no rattle at all with the foam. It's a really nice table...
Can you show where you placed the foam insert when its closed? I'm looking for a system to help reduce the little rattle noise. I was thinking either some sort of foam or strong magnets to dampen the rattling

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Very easy install. does not rattle at all. A bit pricey but works really well and as stated, piece of cake to install.

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC
What exactly is it that is rattling? Is it that the clamp system is not tight enough? OR Is it the table rubbing on the backing plate?

I'd love to see video of it rattling and how you alleviated the issue.

BTW: Thanks for the tip on the 1/2 inch drill bit....13mm Drill bits as "required" by the factory instruction are practically unobtainium and when you can find them...they are minimum $20 for the bit. 1/2 inch drill bits are in almost any worthwhile bit set. It's worth mentioning that you have to do is ream the hole just a bit to fit in the spacer but since it is only plastic, its easy peasy.

Doc

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
What exactly is it that is rattling? Is it that the clamp system is not tight enough? OR Is it the table rubbing on the backing plate?

I'd love to see video of it rattling and how you alleviated the issue.

BTW: Thanks for the tip on the 1/2 inch drill bit....13mm Drill bits as "required" by the factory instruction are practically unobtainium and when you can find them...they are minimum $20 for the bit. 1/2 inch drill bits are in almost any worthwhile bit set. It's worth mentioning that you have to do is ream the hole just a bit to fit in the spacer but since it is only plastic, its easy peasy.

Doc
Was going to add the note regarding the 1/2" drill bit but figured I would get flack from some Anal machinist nut guy...It does work and made the install easy and free since I did not have to spend money on 1 drill bit. Thanks to Springtail for mentioning it and saving everyone some cash....I do not have any rattle with mine and I have two Molle bags attached with no issues. Really like the additional storage for a First aid kit and some extra equipment on that door panel....
Sponsored