Clubs

HadesBane

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
I'm hoping someone on this thread can help me. I installed the Brawlee light & i love it. But one of the mounting tabs on the existing wiring trim broke & I'm trying to replace it. No P/N on the part & I cant find it on any of the image or description searches I've run. Its the J shaped wiring cover. Yes, I have tried Google extensively.

2023-03-10 12.03.45.jpg

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Putting mine on now and the cord that comes off the strip itself isn’t nearly long enough to route through the hardtop. Also it looks like the controller has to be visible because the remote is line of site only no Bluetooth. Anyone else have this issue?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Putting mine on now and the cord that comes off the strip itself isn’t nearly long enough to route through the hardtop. Also it looks like the controller has to be visible because the remote is line of site only no Bluetooth. Anyone else have this issue?
I thought they weren't making these anymore.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I wired mine through the hard top down to where the rear wiring harness connector is, it was exactly long enough, seems like they could have given a whole inch of extra wire, but nope, it was precisely the right length...

I found it worked best to take a piece of 12 gauge copper wire and fish it up from the bottom, then hook the Brawlee wire onto it and pull it back down through.

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
I just installed mine. The old one the cord was long enough that controller could be installed under the cover of the wheel well (didn't have an IR remote). The new one the cord was so short I had to mount the controller on top of the hardtop. My Jeep came with the hardtop liner, so I could cover all the wiring with the black liner. I mounted it just to the right where the wiring goes into the hard top. Just far enough right so the sensor is right below the hole. I used the 3M tape to stick the controller on. No one can see the sensor, and all the rest of the wires are covered.

The biggest problem is if I want to take off the hard top. On my last Jeep I had the plug that disconnects the controller from the power right next to the other disconnects for the hard top. Now it is halfway up the hardtop and I'll need to cut zip ties to disconnect it. Not really helpful.

I don't know if you need a solution for power, but I tapped the wire for the power receptacle and added a switch next to it. That way when I open the back I can turn it on to load groceries. ;)

A couple of pictures, one showing the light (I switched it to teal to match the Jeep) and the switch.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Brawlee LED light IMG_8605
Jeep Wrangler JL Tailgate Brawlee LED light IMG_8598
Sponsored