First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
One thing about these new transfer cases is the gear tolerance is tighter then in the past, I attribute the hard to get its in gear to that (just my guess). Notice that when you're in 4LO, you don't get the gear slop (the clicking when you on and off the gas) that previous models had.
I had this issue and they (dealership) ended up replacing the transfer case. No more clicking.
Sponsored

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I had multiple opportunities over the past few days to need/want/desire 4LO. For the life of me I have not yet found the "trick" to make the transition easy. (I have an auto) (Yes, I read the manual). No matter what I do, drive/reverse/neutral, tap the gas pedal, all my previous tricks, I can't get it to move to 4LO without time, cussing and/or grinding gears.

Do any of you Jeeples have a "trick" or any advice? This thing is different than my JK.

Thanks in advance!
for 4H you need to be at least slightly rolling with foot off the accelerator you can be going up to 40 MPH to make that switch. the first time I recall using a lot of force to where it felt like I was bending it, and pull slightly towards the passenger. next is N, you have to put your automatic transmission into N and then the push the transfer case lever towards the passenger into N as well. then while not moving, foot on the break you should be able to pull into 4L.