• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Well that's it. Having a SFA with no sway bar disconnect makes no sense, even at JL sport stock height, which is about the same as a JK rubicon. And disconnecting by hand is a royal pain in the ass, last time took me over 15 mins at least if not half an hour, and then getting them back on... I pulled the trigger on the JKS and got all the tools for greasing the bearings and the angle grinding to chop off that damn bracket.

There's no going back I guess.
I carry a small rubber mallet in my Jeep for the discos, they work fairly well to get it on and off. Never took more than 5 minutes at most for me.
Sponsored

tonythehomie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S (manual / 2 door / firecracker red)
Forgive my ignorance -

I have a Sport, no lift and am considering the JKS disconnects.

What do I do about the back end? Is there a need to replace anything back there if I do the install the JKS (or another) kit?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Forgive my ignorance -

What do I do about the back end? Is there a need to replace anything back there if I do the install the JKS (or another) kit?
What do you mean the back end? the back of the jeep?

I also have a Sport and installing JKS next week. I will also install a rubicon suspension I have sitting in the garage, but even without the rubi suspension the disconnects are worth it.

You don't have to disconnect the back, ever, only the front. So no need to worry about the back. All you have to do is replace the stock sway bar links with the JKS ones, it is supposed to be a really easy install (less than 1 hr). The only caveat is that you have to cut a tab that gets on the way of the passenger JKS link, so I believe you cant ever install the stock links anymore. But the JKS are much better quality anyway and come with a better warranty.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Forgive my ignorance -

No, you don't need to disconnect rear links. It does not affect your articulation as the rear sway bar is flexible enough as is.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
The only issue with cutting the tab I see is warranties. If I didn't cut the tab, and I had to take the Jeep for warranty issues, I could always install the old links before going to the dealer. I was wondering if I could install only the driver's side and leave the passenger side stock, and only disconnect the driver's side. Not sure if this is a bad idea or not. I am guessing they are different in length and that wouldn't work?

what's the point of that bracket anyway?

Last edited:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The only issue with cutting the tab I see is warranties. If I didn't cut the tab, and I had to take the Jeep for warranty issues, I could always install the old links before going to the dealer. I was wondering if I could install only the driver's side and leave the passenger side stock, and only disconnect the driver's side. Not sure if this is a bad idea or not. I am guessing they are different in length and that wouldn't work?

what's the point of that bracket anyway?
Which bracket?

AAF869C9-EB85-43CF-B3F3-C52EE52FEB39.jpeg

9B9CEA61-43FE-4934-92CA-E1FE07ECD15B.jpeg

5E9DA775-6BD3-45DE-B2EF-F641FB8D6366.jpeg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Which bracket?

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations? 5E9DA775-6BD3-45DE-B2EF-F641FB8D6366

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations? 5E9DA775-6BD3-45DE-B2EF-F641FB8D6366

He didn't mean bracket, he meant the tab you need to cut off on the passenger lower side so that you can install the disco post. @entropy there is no real good reason that tab is there, it just is. I get what you are saying that the dealer could throw that in your face but unless you are having problems with the sway bar, a reasonable dealer, would recognize that you cutting that tab has no bearing on say a control arm or diff problem. The key is do you have a reasonable dealer. I really wouldn't stress over it, @ThirtyOne has been manually disconnecting his for 2 years now and has it down to a science and can be done in 10 mins.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
or you guys can just get a set of Rockjock Antirock sway bar kits one for the front and one for the rear. the cost is more then a quick disconnect but you don't have to do anything. i have one on the front of my JLU Sport S.

https://www.rockjock4x4.com/antirock-sway-bars-3

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I installed the JKS disconnects. Theyre awesome but install took me a bit longer than expected. I had 2 main issues

1) drivers side sway bar link upper bolt was stripped. I could not remove it so I had to cut it off. I used an angle grinder with a steel cutting disc to get it off.
2) I did not have enough space to get my angle grinder on the passenger side to cut off the tab. I took off the passenger tire and the steering stabilizer. Then I let the passenger side drop and used jack stands to hold it. This gave me just enough clearance to get my dremmel in. I cut the thing off with a dremmel, then grind it and painted it black. Was a pita, I am sure there are better tools for the job, but all I had available were my dremmel, jackstands, and the jeeps tire jack. If you get a saw that easily fits in there or manage to get enough clearance for a angle grinder, it would be a piece of cake. In my case it wasnt so easy, messy cutting, but I managed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations? IMG_20200730_130659839

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations? IMG_20200729_173823212

The links are solid. Much better quality than oem and so easy to disconnect. Yeah you have to cut the tab, but this is a better option than a relocation bracket because you can have the sway bar sit at the right angle. And you can still fit an oem sway bar link anyway.

Oh and if you do end up taking the passenger wheel off, do yourself a favor and install the upper bracket right then before putting the wheel back on. Not a big deal, but it would be easier then than later.

Last edited:

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

entropy

Threads