• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Dang, you can get a RockJoack or AntiRock for $200 less and those are well known established brands for those kits.
This is a bit different from my understanding but still crazy expensive. I do like that it can be air actuated though.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is a bit different from my understanding but still crazy expensive. I do like that it can be air actuated though.
Gotcha. At the end of the day it seems like the good old manual disconnect wins because it's WAY cheaper and then you get the absolute most articulation since there is no physical connection what so ever.
We are running the MC discos on my wife's Jeep and it literally takes me 60 seconds to disco and if we are flat another 60 seconds to reconnect. Running a 3.5" lift vs. the 2.5" spacer lift went a LONG way to making it easier. The higher you go the easier to disco.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Gotcha. At the end of the day it seems like the good old manual disconnect wins because it's WAY cheaper and then you get the absolute most articulation since there is no physical connection what so ever.
We are running the MC discos on my wife's Jeep and it literally takes me 60 seconds to disco and if we are flat another 60 seconds to reconnect. Running a 3.5" lift vs. the 2.5" spacer lift went a LONG way to making it easier. The higher you go the easier to disco.
Any cutting required for the mc one on the non rubi models? Forgive if you already shared that info.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Any cutting required for the mc one on the non rubi models? Forgive if you already shared that info.
Nope, that's what I liked about them but I don't think they make ones for the smaller lifts.

Sponsored

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Nope, that's what I liked about them but I don't think they make ones for the smaller lifts.
Nice yea I'm looking at a 2.5 inch lift to replace my rc spacer lift. Figured might as well do the quick discos now. Might have to grab these. Thanks

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice yea I'm looking at a 2.5 inch lift to replace my rc spacer lift. Figured might as well do the quick discos now. Might have to grab these. Thanks
Just a heads up, MC only makes one disco and they are long. Even with a 3.5" lift they pitch the sway bar up pretty high but it's still OK. I don't know that I would use them for a 2.5" lift. Personally, having run the JKS ones, I do not recommend them. I was unimpressed, which was odd because I loved them on my '04 LJ. Do some research and see what else is out there.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
I'm going to try the Teraflex JL / JT Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Kit (SKU #1764000).

I like the fact that there is no cutting, everything disconnects and reconnects really easy on both sides and the sway bar is held well out of the way when disconnected.

Purchased the kit based on concept since I couldn't find any reviews. Haven't installed it yet. Any one else have any opinions on this approach?

https://teraflex.com/shop/category?utf8=âś“&q=1764000&view=6

Jay

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How much of a lift are you putting on the Jeep? I heard from another poster that the Teraflex ones are like the MC ones in that they pitch the sway bar pretty high.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
How much of a lift are you putting on the Jeep? I heard from another poster that the Teraflex ones are like the MC ones in that they pitch the sway bar pretty high.
I have a Mopar Lift that gave me a little over 2.5". I'm running 35's which give me about 4" total over stock (31.5s) when aired down to 15 and about 4.5" when aired up to 36 psi.

Jay

IMG_20200801_200145.jpg

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Mopar Lift that gave me a little over 2.5". I'm running 35's which give me about 4" total over stock (31.5s) when aired down to 15 and about 4.5" when aired up to 36 psi.

Jay

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations? IMG_20200801_200145
OK, just note that both the Teraflex and MC will pitch the sway bar upwards but it's not an issue. A 2.5" Mopar is more like a 3" at least on a Sport.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Jay

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations? IMG_20200801_200145
Nice looking Jeep BTW :)

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I gotta say the ride is so much better without the sway bar connected. I never wanted to fuss with the bolt and but when wheeling down I always left it connected. Finally added JKS quick disco little bit of a pain to get off and on but I’m sure they’ll get a little easier as I learn the tricks of it. Highly recommend them

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I gotta say the ride is so much better without the sway bar connected. I never wanted to fuss with the bolt and but when wheeling down I always left it connected. Finally added JKS quick disco little bit of a pain to get off and on but I’m sure they’ll get a little easier as I learn the tricks of it. Highly recommend them
The ride is way better but it is also way safer. Without that disconnected you can get into a tip over situation where if it was disconnected it would simply be a full articulation situation.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I only watched one video review of these flex connect end links. Basically, it seems the springs that take a few minutes to swap out, might change ride quality, not sure. They swapped springs and got no extra travel. It was best disconnected of course.
LOL...famous last words.

I received my Flex Connect this morning. I have been trying ALL DAY to open the damn thing to get to the springs. I haven't been able to.

The instructions show how to open it, but they way it is designed makes it impossible to get the necessary leverage to open the stupid thing.

It is an excellent idea that has been poorly executed, IMO.

I sent an email to Northridge 4X4 to see if they know of a trick. If not, it is going back.
Sponsored