• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Oh MC are that cheap? Well shoot sign me up. Quick question: does disconnecting sway bars result in your tires traveling UP more? I know it allows for greater flex down, but what about a wheel going up? I have concerns about it hitting my fender liner
Articulation always work both ways.. If one tire travels down, the other tire must travel up, as it is always the case with a solid axle.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Articulation always work both ways.. If one tire travels down, the other tire must travel up, as it is always the case with a solid axle.
Well, there is one other possibility but it means you're having a bad bad day and going to be walking home

Scooter2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport / 2022 F250 / 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I did them last weekend. All super simple except for the passenger side sway bar relocation bracket. I think the factory weld was off by an 1/8 of an inch and really had to hammer on it to get into place. They are easy to disconnect and the ride fees much better without sway bar links that are to short.
You used relocation brackets on both passenger and driver side correct? These links are going to put my sway bar at a pretty steep angle (Have yet to install them). Maybe it doesn’t mater?

Last edited:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
You used relocation brackets on both passenger and driver side correct? These links are going to put my sway bar at a pretty step angle (Have yet to install them). Maybe it doesn’t mater?
5 to 10 degrees above horizontal is considered ideal. Many go above that simply because, like you are seeing, the aftermarket discos can really pitch them up and that is because that disco needs to cover anywhere from a 2" to 6" lift.
Both our JLs are running with the sway bar pitched pretty high and we have no problems. I'm told it would be an issue for the TJs but not the JK and JLs.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Any news on disconnects? All I've seen is massive links that require you to have a wrangler touching the clouds or some that require you to chop off your jeep. Teraflex claims they tested theirs with all JL models, including sport, but those links are almost as long as (thats whay she said).

For us mortals who off-road on trails but do not rock crawl, are we still stuck with a wrench set as our only option?

Laying on the dirt or pavement with a wrench sucks, and sometimes the bolt is hard to get back in. And I feel like throwing up anytime one of my tires is hanging on the air unnecessarily.

Last edited:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i use a ratchet and a battery powered ratchet. takes the bolts out in about 30 seconds. for lining back up to reinstall, just have to be on pretty level ground, same as with disconnects.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Any news on disconnects? All I've seen is massive links that require you to have a wrangler touching the clouds or some that require you to chop off your jeep. Teraflex claims they tested theirs with all JL models, including sport, but those links are almost as long as (thats whay she said).

For us mortals who off-road on trails but do not rock crawl, are we still stuck with a wrench set as our only option?

Lying on the dirt or pavement with a wrench sucks, and sometimes the bolt is hard to get back in. And I feel like throwing up anytime one of my tires is hanging on the air unnecessarily.
If you can handle chopping off a tab, which to be honest is really not a big deal.
Then these are probably exactly what you are looking for.

https://jksmfg.com/i-24048425-flex-connect-end-link-master-kit-jt-jl.html?ref=category:1205540

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations? FA4F46F8-78E7-4CF8-A3F5-FC81593D7994

Here, let me hold your hands while I was getting mine chopped off.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations? 568741BC-E5D1-4C57-9C2E-5A53CD7528D2

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

If you can handle chopping off a tab, which to be honest is really not a big deal.
Then these are probably exactly what you are looking for.

https://jksmfg.com/i-24048425-flex-connect-end-link-master-kit-jt-jl.html?ref=category:1205540

Jeep Wrangler JL Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations? 568741BC-E5D1-4C57-9C2E-5A53CD7528D2

Here, let me hold your hands while I was getting mine chopped off.

do you have the flex connect version? im not sure i understand the point of those. theyre adjustable so you can make the ride softer or firmer? from a sway bar end link?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
do you have the flex connect version? im not sure i understand the point of those. theyre adjustable so you can make the ride softer or firmer? from a sway bar end link?
I don’t have the flex version, but apparently they are designed to allow some degree of articulation in the links themselves without actually disconnecting them. Sort of like the Antirock sway bar but allows more degree of adjustments.

Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I only watched one video review of these flex connect end links. Basically, it seems the springs that take a few minutes to swap out, might change ride quality, not sure. They swapped springs and got no extra travel. It was best disconnected of course.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Well that's it. Having a SFA with no sway bar disconnect makes no sense, even at JL sport stock height, which is about the same as a JK rubicon. And disconnecting by hand is a royal pain in the ass, last time took me over 15 mins at least if not half an hour, and then getting them back on... I pulled the trigger on the JKS and got all the tools for greasing the bearings and the angle grinding to chop off that damn bracket.

There's no going back I guess.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well that's it. Having a SFA with no sway bar disconnect makes no sense, even at JL sport stock height, which is about the same as a JK rubicon. And disconnecting by hand is a royal pain in the ass, last time took me over 15 mins at least if not half an hour, and then getting them back on... I pulled the trigger on the JKS and got all the tools for greasing the bearings and the angle grinding to chop off that damn bracket.

There's no going back I guess.
I’ve had that exact thought. Unless you disconnect, there’s no SFA benefit. Am I missing something? Otherwise, manual disconnects and fighting with them might be the only option I guess.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I’ve had that exact thought. Unless you disconnect, there’s no SFA benefit. Am I missing something? Otherwise, manual disconnects and fighting with them might be the only option I guess.
You still get slightly better articulation as well as other pros with a SFA vs. independent. But you are missing all of the articulation potential with the sway bar connected. And it is a relatively cheap upgrade.

This video explains why SFA is so much better, articulation is only one variable in the equation:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Discos get easier when you have a taller lift. Running a 3.5" loft and MC discos I can now disconnect with one finger on level ground.
Sponsored