sway bar link question...

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I just replaced my RC 2.5 spacers with Synergy 3" Springs on my JLUR, and the new springs netted about 1 1/4" lift over the spacers. Do I need longer sway bar links front and rear? I have the ones that came with the RC lift. Let me know if I need to lengthen and which brand to go with. FYI, I don't need quick disconnects, fixed are fine. Thanks.
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I just replaced my RC 2.5 spacers with Synergy 3" Springs on my JLUR, and the new springs netted about 1 1/4" lift over the spacers. Do I need longer sway bar links front and rear? I have the ones that came with the RC lift. Let me know if I need to lengthen and which brand to go with. FYI, I don't need quick disconnects, fixed are fine. Thanks.
All depends on the angle of the sway bar. On flat level ground, you want your sway bar to be about 15 degrees or so up. If it's flat or down, there's a better chance of the sway bar flipping the wrong way at full drop.

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All depends on the angle of the sway bar. On flat level ground, you want your sway bar to be about 15 degrees or so up. If it's flat or down, there's a better chance of the sway bar flipping the wrong way at full drop.
Thank you. Does this go for front and back?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I got the rk no limits links, they’re made specifically for the rubicon elect disco. They work great.......

3E8A7EE8-1AC1-4854-9E87-F258D4EA6C3E.jpeg

6B860BE7-B129-4CA1-9168-7DCF1C835BCB.jpeg

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yes you need longer ones. I flexed mine out today (I have r.c. 2.5” spacers and the sway bar links that came with it are dangerously close to making a straight line when I was flexed out. Basically I think they are too short for the flex with their shocks, if you got longer shocks which you can with the synergy springs you will really risk the chance of the sway bar flipping

OP
OP
cmb396

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the replies. Mine fronts are basically level, maybe pointing down slightly. Rears seem to be fine and about a 15 degree upward position. Was looking at the RKs earlier. Hate that they're $300 bucks, but looks like a good option.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
thanks for the replies. Mine fronts are basically level, maybe pointing down slightly. Rears seem to be fine and about a 15 degree upward position. Was looking at the RKs earlier. Hate that they're $300 bucks, but looks like a good option.
There's really no need for sway bar links that are that overbuilt. Kind of a gimmick if you ask me. Not for $300 anyways. There are plenty of options available on the market to choose from. Disconnect tour your current sway bar end links, rotate your sway bar upwards and take a measurement of what length you need. No need to spend $300.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Yes you need longer ones. I flexed mine out today (I have r.c. 2.5” spacers and the sway bar links that came with it are dangerously close to making a straight line when I was flexed out. Basically I think they are too short for the flex with their shocks, if you got longer shocks which you can with the synergy springs you will really risk the chance of the sway bar flipping
This. A lot of people will set their link lengths so that the sway bar blades are roughly parallel to the ground at ride height. But it's way more important set your length so that you still have a kink between the blade and the link at full droop to prevent your bar from inverting. Even if that means your blades are angled up at ride height.

Watch these monkeys invert their bar at 6 minutes 20 seconds

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a better angle.......

49A536A5-2A4E-4048-A31F-D8FFA15B0081.jpeg

They allow 60 degrees of misalignment. Even though the bar is disconnected, it doesn’t move side to side so as the axle drops and you’re connected to it, the link needs to misaligned in order for you to get the full potential from being disconnected. Anyway ....just trying to help out a fellow Mountaineer, although I went to Marshall, lol, I like to give out as much information as I can. I know that I like all the details I can get when I’m looking at something, good or bad.

The only negative thing so far I’ve found is they are a little pricey, and apparently they look a little gimmicky...( no offense Zach )lol.

FWIW I got mine from Marcus @River City Offroad on here, he’s great to work with and gives a discount to forum members.....,:)

Last edited:

Sponsored

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Here’s a better angle.......

49A536A5-2A4E-4048-A31F-D8FFA15B0081.jpeg

They allow 60 degrees of misalignment. Even though the bar is disconnected, it doesn’t move side to side so as the axle drops and you’re connected to it, the link needs to misaligned in order for you to get the full potential from being disconnected. Anyway ....just trying to help out a fellow Mountaineer, although I went to Marshall, lol, I like to give out as much information as I can. I know that I like all the details I can get when I’m looking at something, good or bad.

The only negative thing so far I’ve found is they are a little pricey, and apparently they look a little gimmicky...( no offense Zach )lol.

FWIW I got mine from Marcus @River City Offroad on here, he’s great to work with and gives a discount to forum members.....,:)
You’d probably be able to achieve the same effect with regular bushing links if you cut off that mounting tab on the axle and run the lower link mount in single-shear. Don’t really see why they decided to run double shear from the factory. Getting rid of the tab would allow the link to flex and pivot more since it’s no longer sandwiched between two brackets.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You’d probably be able to achieve the same effect with regular bushing links if you cut off that mounting tab on the axle and run the lower link mount in single-shear. Don’t really see why they decided to run double shear from the factory. Getting rid of the tab would allow the link to flex and pivot more since it’s no longer sandwiched between two brackets.
Maybe...... don’t know, I know it freaks a lot of people out cutting stuff of their jeeps..... I’ve had customers tell me they won’t run jks quick disconnects because the instructions have you cut off the tabs.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Maybe...... don’t know, I know it freaks a lot of people out cutting stuff of their jeeps..... I’ve had customers tell me they won’t run jks quick disconnects because the instructions have you cut off the tabs.
I die a little inside when I see a non-rubicon with a nice bumper but they left those huge frame horns hanging down. Come on people, it's just useless metal. But that's a different issue, the passenger side sway bar tab might not be useless. The bracket is a lot thinner than the driver's side so maybe that's why they double sheared it. And yea, not 100% sure that's even the issue. But I don't remember ever having this issue with JKs and they were single shear on both sides.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
There's really no need for sway bar links that are that overbuilt. Kind of a gimmick if you ask me. Not for $300 anyways. There are plenty of options available on the market to choose from. Disconnect tour your current sway bar end links, rotate your sway bar upwards and take a measurement of what length you need. No need to spend $300.
It's not really a gimmick at all. They allow you to get full flex in the Rubicon without disconnecting the links. Like everything Rock Krawler they are built like a tank.
Sponsored