Suspension/Ride quality HELP?.

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I put Milestars on my Jeep. 285/70/17. They seemed a little stiff, aired them down to 32psi, and they weren’t bad on stock suspension. A little stiff, but not a deal breaker.
Then the Dynatrac Enduro sport 2” lift went on. All springs are indexed correctly, Rear links to the front, new ones included with kit in the rear. All shocks are located in the correct position 77s in front 78s in rear, per the instructions.
Steering is just a tinge off to the right, but nothing that would wear anything.

BUT, the whole thing rides like complete shit Ferris! It’s bad. Really bad. The front seems okay, but the rear is so stiff that its jarring. I’m not new to lifted rides, but this is the worst. Its synonymous with driving 90MPH in a Amish buggy on concrete washboard roads. Just made 1100 miles Texas to Michigan, and i will not drive it like it is any further.

Hit a bump and it feels unsettled. Almost like all 4 wheels want to do their own thing. I checked and rechecked, everything is tight and torqued to specs. FWIW, i did not unbolt the trac bar to install. Dropped the links, brake lines, shocks and drooped to get springs out. Nubs are lined up in the cups, and springs are indexed. I don’t know…. The spare is off, and the seats are out, but i added about 75lbs of luggage, so I’m about 80lbs light on the rear i guess. But that shouldn’t make the ass end that stiff?
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I put Milestars on my Jeep. 285/70/17. They seemed a little stiff, aired them down to 32psi, and they weren’t bad on stock suspension. A little stiff, but not a deal breaker.
Then the Dynatrac Enduro sport 2” lift went on. All springs are indexed correctly, Rear links to the front, new ones included with kit in the rear. All shocks are located in the correct position 77s in front 78s in rear, per the instructions.
Steering is just a tinge off to the right, but nothing that would wear anything.

BUT, the whole thing rides like complete shit Ferris! It’s bad. Really bad. The front seems okay, but the rear is so stiff that its jarring. I’m not new to lifted rides, but this is the worst. Its synonymous with driving 90MPH in a Amish buggy on concrete washboard roads. Just made 1100 miles Texas to Michigan, and i will not drive it like it is any further.

Hit a bump and it feels unsettled. Almost like all 4 wheels want to do their own thing. I checked and rechecked, everything is tight and torqued to specs. FWIW, i did not unbolt the trac bar to install. Dropped the links, brake lines, shocks and drooped to get springs out. Nubs are lined up in the cups, and springs are indexed. I don’t know…. The spare is off, and the seats are out, but i added about 75lbs of luggage, so I’m about 80lbs light on the rear i guess. But that shouldn’t make the ass end that stiff?
Did you torque the control arms with the weight of the Jeep on the axles/tires? I only ask because you might have the factory control arms preloaded. Cycle the suspension one corner at a time and see if anything is binding.

OP
OP
Mudduck

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Did you torque the control arms with the weight of the Jeep on the axles/tires? I only ask because you might have the factory control arms preloaded. Cycle the suspension one corner at a time and see if anything is binding.
Ill jack each corner up tomorrow and loosen/RE torque them.

OP
OP
Mudduck

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Pretty sure this is my issue. My buddy helped me out with this, but I’m 9000% sure this is my binding point. I don’t think the rear links go this way.

1AD54A35-FEDA-4705-B19F-3EF7E583A497.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure this is my issue. My buddy helped me out with this, but I’m 9000% sure this is my binding point. I don’t think the rear links go this way.

Jeep Wrangler JL Suspension/Ride quality HELP?. 1AD54A35-FEDA-4705-B19F-3EF7E583A497
You are correct….. they go outside/outside .

Jeep Wrangler JL Suspension/Ride quality HELP?. D3368EB1-2419-4E14-B871-B153F30973E0
Sponsored