Sponsored

Feedback wanted: 2.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger ride quality.

OP
OP
NewbieJon

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thank you. This is what I wanted to hear about the Metalcloak. You described the ride in the way I wanted.

Thanks also to the rest who replied. I ordered the gamechanger 2.5".

Hard to communicate "ride quality" over the internet. Let alone due to how subjective it is. That said, here's my best attempt.

I'm running the 3.5" Game Changer with their shock (Rocksport, I think?) on a 2020 Sahara. So, not apples to apples for the Rubi, but close.

I've got a steel front bumper, winch, lights and other various recovery gear, so in the end I've probably added 300 - 400lbs in kit alone.

The kit absorbs hits on the street and highway far better than stock. Full stop. It is better. Is it like driving a Caddie? No. Obviously. It's still a Jeep.

On the trail, of course it's much better. Especially with sway bar disconnect, and aired down. It's feels great. That coupled with the higher clearance, it's a great kit. You really won't regret having it.

Hope that helps in any small way. If you have more questions, let me know. Cheers!
Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Thank you. This is what I wanted to hear about the Metalcloak. You described the ride in the way I wanted.

Thanks also to the rest who replied. I ordered the gamechanger 2.5".

Just chiming in here - been running a Rock Krawler No Limits Flex 2.5" lift for about a year and a half now - it's just X factor front lower control arms, their 2.5" triple rate springs, F/R swaybars and the rubicon swaybar links with the extra misalignment for use with the electronic disconnect. All my other control arms have so far been stock.

I just came across a full set of new MC Game Changer control arms for a great deal, and just installed the rear uppers and lowers this weekend. I can already feel an immediate positive difference in ride quality and I think it's just because the Metalcloak bushings are cushier all around and transfer fewer bumps/vibrations through to the frame/body. I'm waiting to get the fronts on and then I'll be full MC arms but keeping the RK springs and swaylinks. Looking forward to the fronts, just waiting until I have the ability to measure caster.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
First Jeep and first lift and I went with a @Metalcloak 2.5" Game Changer. I have been very happy with it and the ride. I am currently running MC Rocksport shocks, but will be moving up to a MC 3.5" lift along with the DB3 rear control arm brackets and the front control arm brackets as well. The next mod after that is likely going to be Fox 2.5 DSC shocks.

20210809_120102.jpg
Sponsored