Sponsored

Ride Quality - From 3" Body Lift to 3.5-4" Suspension Lift

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE 20th
Can anyone tell me what in general I can expect going from a 3" body lift to a 3.5-4" suspension lift with respect to overall ride quality?
Al the searching Ive done tells me it will be "different" and "better". Ok, how so? All my previous experience is with lowered vehicles.

Picked up a 2019 Wrangler Moab a month ago, has a 3" body lift (spacers).
Planned use is weekday daily driver, weekends a lot of time off road in the mountains and forests, sunny or snowing, eventually more overlanding.

Currently researching lift kits to do this in a few months, for quality aiming for mid to high.
Most promising kit so far has been the Rock Jocks 4" Sport edition with a few upgrades.
Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
You sure it has a body lift? Body lifts aren’t very common. It may have coil spacers on top of the spring if they said it has a spacer lift. Let’s see a pic. You wouldn’t want a 7 inch lift combined. What’s your end goal? Running 37s? Only need a 3.5 inch lift for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE 20th
May or may not been given misinformation when I was told it was a body lift, its mostly new to me and Im learning as Im going with it. I do know its a spacer. Pic attached. No way I'd run with a 7" lift, the spacers will be removed when installing the new lift kit. I want to keep the current 35" tires and I like the height, but the handling needs improvement. Im going to get pulled over one of these days because I probably look like Im drunk on the highway.

Ended up purchasing the TeraFlex 3.5" Alpine CT3 Suspension Lift Kit w/ Falcon 3.1 Shocks, comes with 8 adjustable control arms.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ride Quality - From 3" Body Lift to 3.5-4" Suspension Lift Photo Dec 01, 7 46 17 AM

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You've got a coil spring spacer lift, not a body lift. When you (or whoever) installs your Teraflex lift, it will come with four coil springs (2 front and 2 rear). Just ensure the spacers you have on now are removed and the coil spring pads are placed back where they belong so the new springs are seated in the correct orientation.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ride Quality - From 3" Body Lift to 3.5-4" Suspension Lift Photo Dec 01, 7 46 17 AM
Sponsored