First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Do we have part numbers from non-USA spec (assuming they wouldn't have the warning) that we could order?

Versus just spending 30 minutes removing the decals???

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I had a hair dryer and when I started trying to fill mine off it didn't look like it was coming off and it looked like it was going to tear divisor to me it wasn't worth taking a chance for the risk. I know y'all said y'all was easy and came off easy but mine wasn't so I just got the decal

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes because everything I have seen is there is still some discoloration. I'm not a huge fan of covering them either. If I could get fresh ones that are already clean at a reasonable price I would be willing to do that.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes because everything I have seen is there is still some discoloration. I'm not a huge fan of covering them either. If I could get fresh ones that are already clean at a reasonable price I would be willing to do that.
I too would have but with homelink on there I'm sure it wasn't cheap

Sponsored

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I too would have but with homelink on there I'm sure it wasn't cheap
Might be able to transfer the homelink module... I don't know and I haven't done the research yet. That I why I asked the question to see if anyone else had done the research yet.

ShadyB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a small import that is my daily driver
Done.

It was a little nerve racking and looked like it was stretching the vinyl to the point of tearing but slow and steady pressure on the pull (two handed at times) to keep it from stretching too much.

Hair dryer in the 60 degree garage at night.

Thanks for the confidence.

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I used my heat gun set on 300 degrees. I heated the entire sticker up, then quickly went to the corner edge and lifted it up. Then gently pried the entire end up while applying heat. I kind of went back and forth across the edge with the heat gun and pulled slow and steady. I was worried about melting the plastic visor, so I removed the heat when the visor got a little “ elastic”. I still had some vodka tonic left in my yeti cup- that’s how long it took me to pull off sticker. I pretty much measure time in how many drinks it takes me to do something.

Ps. As far as residue, outline, etc... I asked my wife to check out my work, she couldn’t find anything wrong——WIN!!!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
In the past guys/gals have asked what the JL visors look like after the warning stickers are removed.

All that have done the removal to include myself say that a faint shadow so to speak, remains on the visor where the sticker was.

After awhile you just forget that faint outline is there. Faint shadow is far better then he hideous warning sticker.

Anyway, saw a pic on the forum today that really was a good shot lets say, of the visor without the warning sticker:
visor.jpeg

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
One down...One to go. I used a hair dryer and it took 30 minutes.

20190206_175439.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Here is another pic found on the forum today that really was a good shot lets say, of the driver's side visor without the warning sticker:

drivers-visor.jpg

Bones

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Finished up hair dryer surgery. The vinyl will look like it’s stretched but once it cools off it regains original form. I know you can see the slight discoloration but I think this looks better without stickers. Removed after 14 months of purchase and was an easy job.

494B8C56-07F9-4800-8D8E-D0B465BC2DF0.jpeg

E02D8C1A-DE21-4FA8-B778-17FF9E130CF4.jpeg