Sun visor warning decal removal mod

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
So, I couldn't stand looking at the white/yellow factory warning stickers on my sun visors driving down the road. Therefore, I decided to remove them and was actually surprised how easy it was. For those interested, just take a blow dryer, heat the sticker up (don't go too hot) and start pealing from the corner and once started, the whole sticker pealed off in one piece. It looks so much better, and while there is still a slight hint that the sticker was there, it's much cleaner looking. I can only assume the sticker came off that easily since my rig is new and the sticker hadn't been on the visor through a hot summer, or lengthy period of time.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage that may be caused doing this modification to your vehicle. Proceed at your own risk :like:

sv1.jpg

sv2.jpg
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Good news! Thanks for your post here. I know the warning decals on the JK don't come off like that.

I'm in hopes that other JL owner's here that remove the visor warning decals post in this thread and let other know if their warning decal removal went as uneventful as yours did.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good news! Thanks for your post here. I know the warning decals on the JK don't come off like that.

I'm in hopes that other JL owner's here that remove the visor warning decals post in this thread and let other know if their warning decal removal went as uneventful as yours did.
You're welcome, and I was a little nervous at first. However, I just put the blow dryer on the low setting and patiently went back and forth in a sweeping motion while slowly peeling back the label. I was scared that it would only come off in little pieces and would take all afternoon, but both sides maybe took 10 minutes total. The key is to be patient.

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
That is the first mod I do to every vehicle I buy. I usually just park it facing the sun and fold the visors down. The decals will pull right off.
Some take a little heat but rarely leave any residue.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the first mod I do to every vehicle I buy. I usually just park it facing the sun and fold the visors down. The decals will pull right off.
Some take a little heat but rarely leave any residue.[/QUOTE]

I see you're in Alabama where the sun shines often. Unfortunately, here in upstate, we haven't seen sun in quite some time :) So, I had to compromise and cheat with a blow dryer.

Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
the first mod I do to every vehicle I buy. I usually just park it facing the sun and fold the visors down. The decals will pull right off.
Some take a little heat but rarely leave any residue.
I see you're in Alabama where the sun shines often. Unfortunately, here in upstate, we haven't seen sun in quite some time :) So, I had to compromise and cheat with a blow dryer.[/QUOTE]

I have used the blow dryer a few times, like you said it just stakes a little heat.

How do you like the Dunlops? Are they very noisy?

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see you're in Alabama where the sun shines often. Unfortunately, here in upstate, we haven't seen sun in quite some time :) So, I had to compromise and cheat with a blow dryer.
I have used the blow dryer a few times, like you said it just stakes a little heat.

How do you like the Dunlops? Are they very noisy?[/QUOTE]

LOVE them. I did my research before hand, and they get rave reviews. Now I know why. They are very quiet, balance out nicely, and man have they provided tremendous grip through the recent two nor'easters we've had here. I am super impressed, and up to this point my favorite tire was the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, but I believe these Fierce Attitude MT's are right there.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I don't have them, I got flip door mirrors on both visors with led lights.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I don't have them, I got flip door mirrors on both visors with led lights.
Ed ... So you are saying you have no warning label on both sides of either visor?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Ed ... So you are saying you have no warning label on both sides of either visor?
Shit, I misunderstood the location of the decals, for some reason, I thought they were on the opposite side (inner visor) shows you how much I pay attention. They are there. I'm just so used to them, I never noticed.

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Shit, I misunderstood the location of the decals, for some reason, I thought they were on the opposite side (inner visor) shows you how much I pay attention. They are there. I'm just so used to them, I never noticed.
Daaah....I was gonna ask you "what are you smokin" :giggle:

Thanks for the clarification... Now, go out and remove them and come back and tell us how it went...

Reactions: Rob

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
i tried that before on my jk wont come off dryer or not. i i use my heat gun it would met the viser lol only problem how bad does the spot look where you can see it was there up close ?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
i tried that before on my jk wont come off dryer or not. i i use my heat gun it would met the viser lol only problem how bad does the spot look where you can see it was there up close ?
Yes, on the JK 's I saw the same thing. Let us know how it goes with your JL. You aren't planning on staring at those frugly warning decals very long right...

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Oh no I hate looking at those decals one of them I think shows a baby in a car seat or something like that I always hated having those on there especially when I don't have no kids in the car seat no more they just do that to protect themselves

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Daaah....I was gonna ask you "what are you smokin" :giggle:

Thanks for the clarification... Now, go out and remove them and come back and tell us how it went...
LOL, those things don't feel like your average stickers to me.. You guys aint "guinea piggin" me on this one. Ill wait for someone else to pull that off......
Sponsored