First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
So, the typical sun visor folds down to block sun from entering the top of the windshield into your eyes. But is there such thing as a visor that extends upwards, to maybe just an inch or two above the top of the Jeep (for when the soft top is down/back)? When the sun is beaming into the open cabin, but just above my sunglasses, it can be blinding! I am not talking about an entire sun shade above me, just something small that protrudes enough to block that sun angling in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
upload_2019-8-28_9-17-23.jpeg

Just need one or two inches!

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So, the typical sun visor folds down to block sun from entering the top of the windshield into your eyes. But is there such thing as a visor that extends upwards, to maybe just an inch or two above the top of the Jeep (for when the soft top is down/back)? When the sun is beaming into the open cabin, but just above my sunglasses, it can be blinding! I am not talking about an entire sun shade above me, just something small that protrudes enough to block that sun angling in.
Terraflex has an acrylic visor - what you are looking for - designed for the JK/JKU. They only have a side visor listed for JL/JLU.

https://teraflex.com/search_results?utf8=âś“&search=axis+sun+visor

Last edited:

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Never liked the idea of a sunshade, but now that I have one I love it, does exactly what you want...and more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I think it's called a hat :giggle::giggle:
Lol, that doesn't work though when the doors are off and you're on the highway. I have to turn my hat backwards to avoid losing it.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Never liked the idea of a sunshade, but now that I have one I love it, does exactly what you want...and more.
I have a JTops shade, but I don't always like the full coverage. I'll probably just end up buying a clip-on visor or something to extend it out a bit. I'm worried about the wind taking it right off on the highway though.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
It’s called a Bestop retractable sunshade that has been undergoing development in their secret government labs for eons and still not coming to market yet.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha, yeah they dropped a teaser a few months ago, but alas still no retractable sunshade for the Sunrider. Maybe some day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
You need a better hat. I suggest a tilley hat. You can find them at cabellas/bass pro, or most any out doors stores, or online. https://www.tilley.com/us_en/. With the windshield in place mine stays put at 80 mph. not sure it'd stay there with the windshield down at those speeds but... maybe? they have a chin strap as well if you're worried it might fly off, I never use it though.
Can't see myself wearing one of these hats! Nope. I'm usually in a t-shirt with gym shorts, so I'm not sure I could pull that look off.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
It’s called a Bestop retractable sunshade that has been undergoing development in their secret government labs for eons and still not coming to market yet.
Definitely had my eyes on the retractable shade. But I feel now it was just false hope.

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I have a JTops shade, but I don't always like the full coverage. I'll probably just end up buying a clip-on visor or something to extend it out a bit. I'm worried about the wind taking it right off on the highway though.
I thought I saw a photo or video somewhere of somebody “rolling up” the front part of the JTops shade and the magnets hold it in place on the roll bar. Maybe I’m misremembering....

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yes, false hope on the retractable shade from bestop. I'm right there with you on that one.
As for the J-tops. From what I remember while I was looking at them, the part that attaches via magnets, and flips back isn't very big. Maybe 6" or so. It's not a fully open option, it's just a way to allow you to latch/unlatch the panels or sunrider.
Sponsored