Sponsored

Sun Visor Broken

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My new JT just got bitten by this bug. Great job, FCA! The new assembly is $500 according to the parts dept. Good thing I have a warranty, but the part is on back order.
Sponsored

mpogca

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red JLU RUBICON
Just got back from the dealer for my second replacement on the sun visor. This time it was on the passenger side. The part arrived in two days and install took about an hour. The dealership seemed clueless when I asked them if they have come up with a solution for this failure. The didn't know it was an issue, duh. Anyway all good under warranty with 29,000 miles.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
add me to the list. picked my Jeep upmfrom the dealership from having other work done and noticed this. will take to a different dealership tomtry and get fixed.

@JeepCares is there a preferred way too handle these issues? I will be calling the dealership I bought the jeep from but about to go on a trip so this is going to be an issue if not fixed before then.

mpogca

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red JLU RUBICON
add me to the list. picked my Jeep upmfrom the dealership from having other work done and noticed this. will take to a different dealership tomtry and get fixed.

@JeepCares is there a preferred way too handle these issues? I will be calling the dealership I bought the jeep from but about to go on a trip so this is going to be an issue if not fixed before then.
My replacement for passenger side came in 2 days.

Sponsored

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Contact Jeep Cares on this forum. Go to your dealership and have the service manager order the part, knowing that Jeep Cares will expedite it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@whiteglad -Thank you!

@Cypher - Please send us a messgage by hovering over our name and selecting "Start a Conversation." We would be happy to provide additional support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Redx2

First Name
Heather D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JL
Add me to the list. 2018 Sahara driver's side visor fell down yesterday. 31k miles.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Add me to the list. 2018 Sahara driver's side visor fell down yesterday. 31k miles.
Hi Heather,
We're very sorry to hear this. If you need any assistance while working with your dealer to have this addressed, please do not hesitate to send us a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Sappy101

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Add me to the list. 2018 Sahara, drivers side fell and broke, 33k miles.

Sponsored

RatherDashing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Friday, was driving to work, and the sun is always in my eyes. Then this happened, same as all of you. I called the dealer, and he "had never heard of this before" and "wanted to see it." I told him I am an hour drive away, but he wouldn't order parts until he saw what was wrong. I made the long drive, and let him sit in the drivers seat. He looked at the visor, and was like "and?" I said, go ahead and pop it off the latch and swing it around. When it fell on him, the look he had was almost worth the drive. Parts are back ordered and I have to make the drive again another day. 4 hours of time on the road because of this.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Add me to the list. 2018 Sahara, drivers side fell and broke, 33k miles.
@Sappy101, If you would like additional support while in service, please send our team a private message.

Friday, was driving to work, and the sun is always in my eyes. Then this happened, same as all of you. I called the dealer, and he "had never heard of this before" and "wanted to see it." I told him I am an hour drive away, but he wouldn't order parts until he saw what was wrong. I made the long drive, and let him sit in the drivers seat. He looked at the visor, and was like "and?" I said, go ahead and pop it off the latch and swing it around. When it fell on him, the look he had was almost worth the drive. Parts are back ordered and I have to make the drive again another day. 4 hours of time on the road because of this.
Hi @RatherDashing,

We understand how frustrated you must be regarding this inconvenience. If you would like this experience documented on your behalf, please send our team a message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Happened to my wife yesterday while driving home from work. 12k miles on our 2018 Sport

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Broken 9F89B9A3-6E75-4BCA-B445-A844CEC83AC9

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

If they havent revised the parts then this will keep happening; eventually out of warranty.

Redx2

First Name
Heather D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JL
Update on mine: Went in with husband for his popping door issue & mentioned my visor. They had one in stock & were able to change it out same-day. I have 32k miles now & it was still covered.
Sponsored