David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
All the tops look great. Had to order this week - heading to Moab on Saturday for a few weeks. Chose the one piece Spiderwebshade after a few comments on here I doubt I'll have any regrets.

Took the time yesterday to put the soft top on - glad there were directions on here, saved me quite a bit of time as the manual is NOT AT ALL well written in regards to swapping hard top for soft top the first time.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I got a JTops USA shade for my JKU. Some things I liked about this over other shades:
  • Uses clips to secure instead of ball bungies (more secure, less prone to breaking or loosening over time)
  • Sits across the top of the cage down the entire side (no gaps)
  • Has a metal cross beam in the back to keep it stable (less flapping)
  • Fits under the hard top (no need to remove/switch back and forth)
Overall I thought the JTops shade was the cleanest fit, best securing mechanism, most stable shade

https://www.jtopsusa.com/jeep-wrangler-mesh-tops
I don't see an option for just the front shade. They only sell one that's for the whole length of the JLUR?

crik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2018 JLUS
I don't see an option for just the front shade. They only sell one that's for the whole length of the JLUR?
Looks like it from the website. I didn't ask when I emailed about it. You can keep the shade on under both the hard and soft top though (if you're concerned about having to remove the front to put the freedom tops or soft top back on).

Again, just a purchaser here, not affiliated with JTops at all.

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I like the JTops, is the LED worth the additional $89?
How can you leave it in place and put the freedom panels on? How could you get to the latches on the freedom panels?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Iwant2poop

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sport, 2002 Grand Cherokee (Sold)
Damn, JTops kind of blows the others away in my opinion. The price is a little rough but it really is kind of in a league of it's own compared to the other available options as of this time.

But that's just like, my opinion man.

crik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2018 JLUS
I like the JTops, is the LED worth the additional $89?
How can you leave it in place and put the freedom panels on? How could you get to the latches on the freedom panels?
I didn’t order the led option. Not sure about how it works with the freedom panels. I’ll post some pics when I receive mine. I only have the premium soft top though- no hardtop.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Damn, JTops kind of blows the others away in my opinion. The price is a little rough but it really is kind of in a league of it's own compared to the other available options as of this time.

But that's just like, my opinion man.
It does look much nicer but it is a one-piece safari-style shade which I don't want. So that's why there are different options I guess because different people want different things.

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
Looking at the different shades in this thread my decision came down to either Spiderweb Shade and the JTopsUSA Shade. I like that SWS got rid of their "SpiderBalls" and have the new "SpiderNub" design. What I didn't like was having to fold down the windshield to install and the shade itself didn't overlap the rollbars. When looked at the design and features for the JTops shade that Crik posted I was sold...until I saw the price lol. I messaged them on FB seeing if I could pick it up to save on shipping costs and they gave me a surprise in the form of a coupon code! If you're on the fence or thinking about the JTops shade reach out to them for questions as the're pretty responsive. You may even find a coupon code yourself!!!
I've got a Granite Crystal with est delivery May 10 so I ordered the Titanium color...hoping it'll look great

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Can someone who actually received a JTops shade confirm that you can still install/remove freedom panels with it installed? Can’t see how you would get to the latches with it installed since it appears to go over the roll bar. I understand the front ones would be accessible since the front flips up but the back ones appear to not be accessible.

Sponsored

mat071975

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have never used a sun shade, but like the idea of being able to use it during the summer to protect my bald head :).
For those of you who have, how much of that open feeling do you loose when using it?

Rubicam

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Looking forward to reading some reviews with pictures hopefully.

Will be needing something to protect the kids with the top down. And maybe myself and the wife too lol.

We rented a convertible mustang the last time we were in Vegas.. realized that first night how badly we burnt while cruising around topless lol

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Really wish there were more details on the Mopar shade. Like can it be left on and still put the top up? The bestop shade I had on my JK could be left on and still use the soft top. But since the Mopar’s not available yet...

mat071975

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Really wish there were more details on the Mopar shade. Like can it be left on and still put the top up? The bestop shade I had on my JK could be left on and still use the soft top. But since the Mopar’s not available yet...
How did you like the bestop? did it feel like you were still in a convertible, or did the fabric made it feel like you were still with a top on? When looking up, do you see the fabric, or can you see the sky?

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
So might be a dumb question, but would my 2017 JK Sunshade fit on my 2018 JL?
Sponsored