7C4BC33E-B922-477F-A79A-3E3428BB3114.gif

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I’d say a thread about an exterior modification would belong in the exterior modification section, but what do I know.

OP
OP
brazos

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Well sure, Bill.
It’s not like anyone discusses exterior modifications on the general forum, right?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well sure, Bill.
It’s not like anyone discusses exterior modifications on the general forum, right?
Well a lot of questions start out in the general section, then get moved to the proper section. Sometimes it happens fast, other times it takes a while.
Sometimes similar threads are blended together. It’s for organizing subjects, not to kill a thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
brazos

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
You sound like a moderator, Bill. Are you him?
I don’t care if the intention is to kill my thread.
I only care that it killed my thread.
All of the action is on the general discussion forum. . You know that.
I suppose the other forums serve a purpose. For guys who want to discuss serious mods, like fabrication and such, great.
To say that a guy who is seeking a particular kind of aftermarket bumper, not a custom bumper mind you, should have his thread moved to a place where probably what, 5% as many people will see it, while dozens of similar threads flourish on the main forum, is just arbitrary.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
There are 800 replies in the Aftermarket Bumper sticky. Maybe take a few minutes and scroll through the replies. You don't have to read every post or any of the posts for that matter, but there are plenty of pictures to look at. Who knows, you may find one in there you like. Almost every aftermarket bumper I've seen, especially stubby bumpers, are designed around the use of a winch. If you're simply going for a cool factor, only you know what you find cool or not.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I’m not a moderator. Just someone who that has had threads blended or moved and understand that subsections help organize the forum.
True, most people read the general section first. But if I’m looking for specific information, I go to the subsections.

OP
OP
brazos

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
There are 800 replies in the Aftermarket Bumper sticky. Maybe take a few minutes and scroll through the replies. You don't have to read every post or any of the posts for that matter, but there are plenty of pictures to look at. Who knows, you may find one in there you like. Almost every aftermarket bumper I've seen, especially stubby bumpers, are designed around the use of a winch. If you're simply going for a cool factor, only you know what you find cool or not.
A few minutes? For 800 posts, at least 95% of which will not apply to my question?
You must read a lot faster than I do.
The question remains: What useful purpose is served by relegating a thread which is apparently interesting to people to a forum which few ever visit.
Why do that?
I posted a thread. People responded. Moderator killed it.
Why?
Was it cluttering up the forum, in comparison to all the frivolous, stupid clickbait threads?
No. It was a serious question, and it was being answered seriously.

OP
OP
brazos

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Maybe it’s like sports referee syndrome.
“They gave me a whistle, so by God, I’m gonna blow it!”

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Well I found your thread, and just like I suspected I have nothing of value to add. But I’m glad I found this thread because one day I may be in your position. That LoD destroyer from a few posts up looks really good.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
A few minutes? For 800 posts, at least 95% of which will not apply to my question?
You must read a lot faster than I do.
The question remains: What useful purpose is served by relegating a thread which is apparently interesting to people to a forum which few ever visit.
Why do that?
I posted a thread. People responded. Moderator killed it.
Why?
Was it cluttering up the forum, in comparison to all the frivolous, stupid clickbait threads?
No. It was a serious question, and it was being answered seriously.
I never said I read all the post. Actually, I didn't read any post in the bumper sticky. I did how however quickly scroll through looking just for pictures. When I found one I liked, then I did my research. And I quickly narrowed it down to 3 stubby bumpers. Yes, the general section has a lot more traffic, but Exterior Mods is a close second for total number a discussions in the technical section and second in terms of total post behind Issues, Repairs and Warranties. I browse the Exterior Mods section everyday along with hundreds of others. The moderator didn't kill the thread by moving it to the correct section of the forum, you did by making a duplicate post. And today, 12 minutes after you claimed the thread died.... someone else posted another suggestion.

Edit: As I'm sure you found out by now, people don't usually offer helpful advice in copy and paste threads.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, found it but I also have nothing to add. LOL
Actually, I’ll say this: maybe I’m just not very particular or picky about parts on my jeep and therefore less likely to care about a winch mounting location. My old YJ had a bumper that had a mounting location and holes for a winch that I never used and I always thought it looked fine. I wouldn’t get too hung up about that because you can always cover the holes up (I didn’t even bother with that).

45BB0B69-C943-4799-869C-E4DDDE0C3504.jpeg
5EC32C10-D3E5-440C-92E2-051B249686CF.jpeg

OP
OP
brazos

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Are you seriously suggesting that that single post is more than would have been made to my thread on the main forum? Surely not.
You seem to think that there is something “righteous” about moving a thread to the “proper forum”. Why is that?
The thread was working in the general forum.
Whose interests were served by moving it?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not just PM the moderator and ask for an explanation?
As I mentioned before, any thread that has a specific subject gets moved to the proper sub forum eventually. Sometimes in a few hours, sometimes days later. I don’t know what criteria they use.
Pretty sure it’s nothing personal though, but be prepared... this thread will most likely be either closed or blended with your other one since it’s a repeat.
Sponsored