Sponsored

Recommendation: Stubby front bumper, winch-ready, circular lights (arb alternative)

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
Hello,

Looking for recommendations for a stubby winch-capable front bumper that can support round lights (like KC's) similar to the Arb Stubby Bumper:

JLStubby_IMG02.jpg

I like this arb one but the stinger may be too straight for my tastes, or maybe not, anyone have it and care to comment?
Sponsored

NovaJeep

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Hello,

Looking for recommendations for a stubby winch-capable front bumper that can support round lights (like KC's) similar to the Arb Stubby Bumper:

JLStubby_IMG02.jpg

I like this arb one but the stinger may be too straight for my tastes, or maybe not, anyone have it and care to comment?
I've got a Rugged Ridge HD stubby with X-Striker on order - winch capable, accepts factory fogs, and with a little drilling you could likely mount any standard light. I believe there may be some quality issues with this bumper, but I can let you know once I get it if you like.

https://ruggedridge.com/hd-bumper-stubby-front-07-18-wrangler-jk-18-19-wrangler-jl-11540-32.html

RR STUBBY 2.jpg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I went with the Red Rock Attack stubby. Winch ready, fits stock fogs, and has tabs on the bull bar so that you can attach additional lights.

20190831_105043.jpg

InvictusManeo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I opted for LOD as well. I went with the signature series which I was told has now changed to the same bull bar as the destroyer series which leans forward more. It also has the option to mount lights on the top of the bull bar. Just ordered last week so it’s not here yet, otherwise I’d send pics.

Sponsored

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I went with the LOD Signature series so the winch mount sits a little lower. Very pleased with the quality. I also flat tow the Jeep with it and the attachment points are very secure.

Sergio671980

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I've got a Rugged Ridge HD stubby with X-Striker on order - winch capable, accepts factory fogs, and with a little drilling you could likely mount any standard light. I believe there may be some quality issues with this bumper, but I can let you know once I get it if you like.

https://ruggedridge.com/hd-bumper-stubby-front-07-18-wrangler-jk-18-19-wrangler-jl-11540-32.html

RR STUBBY 2.jpg

When do you think you will have them on?
Love to hear how u like it and see some pics!!
Im debating on getting it for mine
Thanks

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
i too am interested in input from ARB front bumper owners and also ease of installation, The LOD and Warn intrigue me as well.

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i too am interested in input from ARB front bumper owners and also ease of installation, The LOD and Warn intrigue me as well.

Sponsored

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dsievert66

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Technology and Analytics

RR STUBBY 2.jpg
Curious if you installed the bumper? I just did and I like it. Quality seems good but a super tight fit with a winch. Installed the Stryker bar and added a Smittybilt x20 winch but I had to move the solenoid off-center to get it to fit. The winch contacts the grill and I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems and figured out how to fix it. Debated taking it off and adding a few more washers to extend the bumper another 1/2 inch. Otherwise, I'm happy with it.

20191123_121322.jpg

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same set up in the garage for my garage waiting for FCA to build my JLUR. Super excited and got a good deal on Black Friday.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Thankfully LoD is back up and running after their fire. I was going to go with them for my bumper as well.