Anyone running an ARB stubby front bumper? Winch question

ccjcc81

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 1999 TJ Sport
I'm considering an ARB stubby front bumper for my JLUR, and I have a Smittybilt X20 12000lb winch. Is anyone running this combination? Can anyone confirm that this will fit?

Thanks
Sponsored

jcole4020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! '18 Wrangler JL Sport
I'm considering an ARB stubby front bumper for my JLUR, and I have a Smittybilt X20 12000lb winch. Is anyone running this combination? Can anyone confirm that this will fit?

Thanks
I have the ARB stubby that is getting put on this weekend but am running the Apex Badlands 12k. This winch had to be installed on the bumper before the bumper could be thrown on my Jeep. I am not sure what the mounting setup is like on your Smittybilt but if you're able to compare the two, it may give you a better idea.

On another note - can you post a picture of the stubby on your Jeep? I am anticipating what the front is going to look like

OP
OP
ccjcc81

ccjcc81

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the ARB stubby that is getting put on this weekend but am running the Apex Badlands 12k. This winch had to be installed on the bumper before the bumper could be thrown on my Jeep. I am not sure what the mounting setup is like on your Smittybilt but if you're able to compare the two, it may give you a better idea.

On another note - can you post a picture of the stubby on your Jeep? I am anticipating what the front is going to look like
I don't have the bumper yet, I'm asking because I purchased a RedRock 4x4 bumper from Extreme Terrain, it said it was for a JL when I ordered it but the shipping information said it was for a JK. It fit the JL, but when I got the winch I pulled the bumper and put the winch on, then the bumper wouldn't go back on the JL because the winch was hitting the grille before the bumper would seat. It appears the JL's grille is longer than the JK, so I couldn't get it on without drilling new winch mount holes, I put them as far forward as I could but the winch still rubs the grille, so not ideal. ARB advertises their bumpers as fitting the Warn winches, but nothing else. I don't know much about Jeeps, bumpers, and winches yet, but I'm assuming it will fit, just don't want the same issue as I had with the RedRock 4x4 bumper. Let me know how your install goes please, and thanks.

OP
OP
ccjcc81

ccjcc81

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to update this: It fits! Still a little tight, but much better than before. I'll try to get some pics up later. Also got the ARB rear bumper, it's beautiful except for the exposed pinch seam between the rear fender and bumper. Some vinyl stickers might fix that.

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
Forgot to update this: It fits! Still a little tight, but much better than before. I'll try to get some pics up later. Also got the ARB rear bumper, it's beautiful except for the exposed pinch seam between the rear fender and bumper. Some vinyl stickers might fix that.
Got any pics yet?

Short bus

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
This is the ARB with the 10m Lbs. Smittybilt X20. Plenty of room for the 12m I am sure of it.

65672608962__649C1FCD-1119-43D1-96D1-31E93E02FEB0.jpg
Sponsored